Tripadvisor
Umhlanga Rocks
Post
Inbox
Search

“Beautiful setting and beautifully furnished overpriced and terrible food”

Cafe La Plage Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #38 of 151 Restaurants in Umhlanga Rocks
Description: Perfect Place With A See View And Live Entertainments , We Cater For All Type Of Functions And We Also Cook Different Type Of Food To Suit All Clients . We Have A Bakery And A Butchery In House . We Do Private Events And We Always Have Something New .
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant itself is beautiful and the location is convenient. However the service was terrible even though they are over staffed. We ordered 7 dishes and of the seven only one entree was acceptable. The presentation of the food is good. However the food is tasteless. The waiter did not get any of our orders correct, food took incredibly long to be served. The meals are overpriced.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (70)

Reviewed December 1, 2019

I must say that for the price you pay the food is quite mediocre. Sure the location is great with sea views and the service was good as well as the food presentation but that’s where it ends.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 5, 2019

Food is always prepared well, with genereous portions. Alcohol is pricey though the atmosphere, location and vibe make it worth it.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 3, 2019 via mobile

Ok.

So I first visited this restaurant on the 23rd of September 2019. This was for our girls’ night out with my sisters and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I ordered the chefs recommendation for our main which was a peppadew steak and it was perfect! The creme brûlée was just ok. Our waiter was phenomenal and he was unbelievably professional! I think his name was Sphamandla if I’m not mistaken.

So I thought let me tell my partner about this place and so we went back on Saturday, the 28th of September. However, the service and the food was no longer the same and I hate to say that I couldn’t get a repeat of my previous experience. I ordered duck for main and it was dry and tasteless. Our waiter was sooo clueless, it was quite shocking.

If ever I decide to come back here, I guess I will have to specifically request for Sphamandla cause I would not want a repeat of our last experience.

But overall, the restaurant is classy and vibey

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019

What a great vibe, my kids were doing a Fashion Show so I would say it was a Business visit, I was amazed by how David the Manager was helping and hands on with the event and everything. Big up to the Make up Lady for being sooo great with the kids.

I highly recommend this Restaurant for great food and Good Vibes