Zeranka Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Teremok Marine(Umhlanga Rocks)
  • Breakfast included
Road Lodge Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)
  • Pool
Coastlands Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)
View Hotel
Royal Palm Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)
View Hotel
Garden Court Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)
  • Pool
All reviewsla lucianice swimming poolreal holidayvery nice place to stayone nightprivate beachhonesty barshort walk to the beachstayed two nightsenjoyed our staygreat hostsperfect stayindian oceanminute driverooms are niceyour doorstephome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Beautifull lodge close to the beach. Rooms are very nice and clean, with a excellent service. Especially Marcelle, who gives you great advises en is very helpfull. A very kind lady! When you want too dive at Durban i really can recommend this place. You can get your breakfast as early as you like.

• Stayed: August 2013
Marcelle H, Manager at Zeranka Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here!! We always try our utmost best to make all our guests feel welcome and at home. Hope to see you again and we wish you safe travels throughout South Africa.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had a fantastic stay at Zeranka Lodge at the end of May, beginning of June, 2013.
The hosts, Allan and Michelle Hold, are wonderful people who were always available to assist, The lodge, it's situation (very close to the beach - just a short 50m walk) is outstanding, the meals delicious and my room was exceptionally comfortable.
I can't wait to visit Zeranka Lodge again.

Room Tip: Any room is excellent although I did stay in the self-catering section which was exceptionally comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rob M
Reviewed June 18, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were warmly welcomed by the owner, Marcelle Hold. Every effort was made by her and her staff to ensure our needs were met even to the basket of toys that was provided to my grandson when we went to the beach which is very close by. The rooms are very well appointed and the lodge boasts a very comfortable veranda looking onto a sparkling pool and attractive garden. The honesty bar forms a focal point for socializing and tapping into Marcelle's wealth of knowledge on what to do, where to go, and the best restaurants to visit. I can highly recommend Zeranka Lodge.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at Zeranka for a week in May. I had been searching and searching...probably spent over 25 hours searching for the perfect place. We are Americans living in Zimbabwe and unfamiliar with the Durban area. I gave up and booked a cheap but less than ideal place in Ballito. When I found Zeranka and found that their family cottage/suites were available, I was thrilled and cancelled the Ballito place. We LOVED the location that Umhlanga provides... close to everything while still feeling smallish (esp La Lucia). We loved the location of being SO close to the beach, having two toddlers I loved being able to run back to our place for more juice or a quick diaper change.

The highlight was Marcelle. Having a friendly, kind host is essential. I am so glad we did not choose a hotel. For our family, having someone to chat with and help with anything was so important. While I was nervous about how "fancy" Zeranka was, my two toddlers did ok and managed not to break anything (my husband and I broke two glasses if I remember but the kids did ok!). We loved having our own space, kitchen, lounge, and two bedrooms and truly separate porch. Marcelle covered the pool with an incredibly strong looking pool cover so I never worried about the girls falling in. They provided beach towels, pool toys, books, other toys, and little scooters. During breakfast they had their own kiddie plates and cutlery.

Everyone was so nice and kind to our children and us. We had just recently been through a really tough time and needed a holiday badly. So thankful we came to this little slice of heaven!!

Room Tip: Pay extra for the family cottage... so worth it!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank amandajoyryanjames
Reviewed June 17, 2013

What a beautiful place. Marcelle has created a really special place. The gardens and surroundings are so peaceful, rooms are spotless, roomy and beautifully decorated. Morning breakfast is delish especially the omelettes and the service is great. They cannot do enough for the guests. Take time to look at all the wonderful African curios around the place. I would go back there in a flash. Thanks guys for making us feel so at home.

• Stayed: June 2013