“Exactly what I was looking for”

Shark Cage Diving KZN
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Come dive with the Shark Men " No Diving Experience Required" 5 - 20 sharks on a dive, come and enjoy a dive with these amazing animals in the open sea either in a Cage or snorkelling with sharks No Cage. Talk on sharks and marine life, show you shark nets with explanation. Shark viewing from the boat, Sharks Guaranteed or your MONEY back.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Seattle
“Exactly what I was looking for”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great experience from booking, communication before the trip, transportation, and of course the dive itself. I was staying in Durban without a car, and so requested help with transport. Dave emailed me to recommend hiring a car to save money, but was happy to make all the taxi arrangements when I said I’d rather not fuss with driving. It was about $90 total for a taxi to drive an hour each way and wait during the dive. I met the driver in my hotel lobby at 5:30am. It was about a 20 minute fast boat ride to the dive site, they started tossing in bait and we were immediately surrounded by 10 or so large Blacktip sharks. We each got two turns in the cage in groups of 3. I just have a run of the mill digital camera, but managed to get many awesome pics using a cheap underwater case. Also Dave takes pictures with his professional equipment and you can buy a CD of these after the dive for around $30, which is worth it. My dive was in mid-October and we also saw lots of breaching Humpback whales. I did a Great White dive after this in Cape Town, and honestly this was much more fun.

Visited October 2013
John M, Owner at Shark Cage Diving KZN, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Hi glad you were happy with the service, always nice to see the whales breaching, have a great festive season take care John

• Czech first
Mountain View, California, United States
“Magical Experience!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I went for shark cage diving with 4 other friends on my birthday. James was amazing and made sure that we all had a great time. In fact, he made the extra effort to show us dolphins and whales which were a little further, definitely going that extra mile in terms of hospitality and service. It was my birthday that day and knowing that I was traveling all the way from California, James even bought me 4 tequila shots and kicked start the party at 1 pm. Overall, amazing experience which I will recommend to everyone who visits SA :)

Visited October 2013
Hi glad you had a great dive on your birthday and it was great meeting your whole group who just traveled from Johannesburg for one night to do the dive, take care hope to see you in our country again one day, John
Brakpan, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most AMAZING experience EVER!!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The most fun day ever!! John and James know what they doing and made it an unforgettable day! Being in the water and upclose to soooooo many sharks was amazing. We also got to see lots of dolphins and a flying fish as well!! Thank you John for your professionalism, friendliness and knowledge and making us all feel safe. I highly recommend this experience to anyone - you will definitely see me again!!!!
Suzette

1 Thank Suzette H
Hi thanks for the support, also great to see the flying fish and dolphins when they are around, always nice to see a healthy Shark population, John
Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWESOME!!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

we had so much fun! John and James were very knowledgeable about the local sea life. not only did we see about 20 sharks, but we saw a mother humpback whale and its calf. also a pod of dolphins following a school of sardines. highly recommend this company!

1 Thank Ash S
Hi thanks for the support, nice to see the humpback Whales on their migration from the Antarctic form May to December when they return again to feed, it is a great experience to be out in the ocean and see so many things,
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Up close & Incredible!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was a totally unique experience, with professional guides that allow you to get safely in the water with sharks, and observe them up close and see these amazing creatures! This was thrilling from the moment I got in the water till I climbed out! I just want to thank John for his professionalism, knowledge and for taking me out on such short notice!!

Visited November 2013
Hi thanks for the support, to snorkel with the sharks is and experience one will never forget and great to do it when the viz is great, take care John