“something you have to do at least once in your life!”

Shark Cage Diving KZN
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Come dive with the Shark Men " No Diving Experience Required" 5 - 20 sharks on a dive, come and enjoy a dive with these amazing animals in the open sea either in a Cage or snorkelling with sharks No Cage. Talk on sharks and marine life, show you shark nets with explanation. Shark viewing from the boat, Sharks Guaranteed or your MONEY back.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My Cousin in Potch booked this up for us as a must do while visiting SA. An enjoyable 8 hr shared drive down from Jo with my daughter. [18] took us to Rocky bay. Next day we had an early start. After enquiring whether we could leave the cage at any time, John said that if we were confident enough then the sharks probably wouldn't mind and convinced me that it would be safe enough for Libby & I. We got changed, had a comprehensive brief on the beautiful beach at Park Rynie then launched the RIB. After a fascinating conversation with James (one of the crew) we arrived 20 minutes later at a suitable spot. After the cage was let into the water with its occupants, Libby & I lowered ourselves in the other side. Under the instruction of James we dived & swam alongside the sharks for the most incredible experience, observing them in their habitat, felt extremely safe in awe of these magnificent creatures as they brushed against us in a curious way. On return to shore we had an interesting debrief covering environmental impacts on the sharks & how we can help protect them, cant wait to come back & have another go. Thanks John :)

1  Thank sfaygo
millerj1, Owner at Shark Cage Diving KZN, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

All reviews
"felt safe"
"marine life"
"big thanks"

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Professionals! We had so much fun, it was awesome. Really great experience! The staff were well trained professionals, friendly! Great equipment! We will gladly recommend this for a new life experience!

1  Thank JuanitaOo

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Wow!! What an awesome adventure. My relatives and I got a new, raw and wonderful experience of mother nature and her remarkable (albeit a little scary) creatures and the professionalism of the crew was very comforting at times. I would strongly recommend this type of outing to anyone looking for both fun and thrill. A memorable experience!

1  Thank Tracy H

Reviewed February 4, 2013

John and his crew took us out for a dive on the most beautiful day, not only did he clearly explain to everyone the rules of the dive and how to go about doing it, he also managed to get everyone very excited about it and ridded anyone of any fear they may have had. The water was crystal clear, the sharks were magnificant and we got to see at least 15 of them. John was able to get some amazing shots of us with the sharks under the water. His crew was friendly and experienced and overall it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Highly recommended to everyone!

John M, Owner at Shark Cage Diving KZN, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hi thanks for the support sorry for late response glad you enjoyed the photos and the experience take care