“Best cuisine in town”

Ranked #9 of 23 Restaurants in Scottburgh
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The old wooden and corrogated house in which the Dodo Bistro exists was built in 1927. Great atmosphere with lots of brick a brack.
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Sadly we only discovered this venue the last of a three nite stay in the area otherwise I would have dined there every evening

1  Thank Thys L
AWOL80, Owner at Dodo Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

We are glad that you enjoyed your meals with us - we hope we will see you when you visit the coast again!

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I wanted to write a note to advise residents and travelers, passing through Scotburgh, to do yourselves a favour and stop for lunch /dinner at Dodo's restaurant. I have been there twice now with family, which includes a 2 month old, 7 year old and grandparents. Service is helpful, factual and friendly. The waitress assisted us with the selection of a non-spicy dish for our 7 year old, helped with seating for our 2 month old and pram and the food for the adults was sumptuous. The queen prawns, curry, eisbien are very very nice and we can particularly recommend the home made ice cream, and we tried 80% of flavours available. A great meal and time was had by all!

1  Thank GillBrunings
AWOL80, General Manager at Dodo Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

We hope to see you and your family again soon. Thank you for the lovely review!

Reviewed September 30, 2011

On the 9th of September approximately 18 of us descended on this great little restaurant in Scottburgh. In addition to us there was another large group of approximately 14 people. The waitresses handled our group with great professionalism and friendly demeanors. We were served efficiently and not one order was incorrect.

The food was straight out of a top Mauritian hotel along the lines of Le Touessrok or Le St. Geran. I will most certainly be returning to Dodo Bistro to enjoy the fine cuisine on offer, friendly atmosphere and excellent service.

If you wish to savor true Mauritian hospitality combined with the scents and flavors of Mauritius, I can highly recommend Dodo Bistro.

3  Thank LeonJedi
AWOL80, Owner at Dodo Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you had such a great evening with us - we hope to see you all soon. It was wonderful to have you all at our restaurant.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I recently went to Dodo's Bistro in Scottburgh. I would like to tell all potential visitors that is really is a wonderful place to go to. Just off the main street of Scottburgh tucked away is this quaint little restaurant with a great atmosphere that enhances the the whole village. Calm and friendly staff ensure that your visit is not rushed and they see to your needs without being intrusive. I can highly recommend the smoked salmon gateau and my steak was cooked to perfection. DO NOT MISS THE ICE CREAM - this is one of the best homemade ice creams I have ever tasted. A big thank you to all the staff who made me feel like I was on holiday and let me forget the rush of the world whilst being attended to with smile.

1  Thank travellerj8
Reviewed September 26, 2011

While in Scottburgh for the night we decided to support a local restaurant. what a shock, we waited 5 min before being seated, as the waitress was busy. We were given our drinks after 10 minutes and then ignored because of a bigger table, which was seated half way through us being told what the specials were, "we cant leave them waiting at the door" is what we were told, however we waited at the door, when we complained we were told by the manager to go to the Spur for better service! Our waitress was so busy with another table, kept bypassing us and had a terrible attitude when we merely asked if we could order a starter. if this is how restaurants are run, well I think next time I will go elsewhere. It was absolutely shocking to have this kind of treatment. Please be cautious when attending this restaurant. i would suggest going to the Spur, the staff are more pleasant and want to attend to you. The manager is not rude either.

2  Thank Debby G
AWOL80, Owner at Dodo Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

The Dodo Bistro would like to apoligise to you for the alleged bad service that you recieved on the night of the 26th of September.