“TO SEE THE BIG 5 , VISIT TALA GAME RESERVE”

Tala Private Game Reserve
Book In Advance
More Info
$223.24*
and up
Mini Safari Tour from Durban
More attraction details
Owner description: Nearly 3,000 hectares of pristine natural plains and grasslands, this Kwazulu-Natal reserve has abundant bird species as well as big game.
Durban, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“TO SEE THE BIG 5 , VISIT TALA GAME RESERVE”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

You don't have to travel for hours , when this game reserve is so close to Pietermaritzburg . You will be able to see Lions, Elephants.Zebras,Giraffe,Rinos and many more.It is a must for every one.

3 Thank mannie g

Southport
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A stunning South African experience”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I have just travelled back to UK from helping with a company training course based at Tala. Sean and his staff gave us the highest possible service in a fantastic location. Everyone on the staff was as helpful as possible and nothing was too much trouble. The game drives were superb with extremely knowledgable guides. I thought the food was excellent and many of my colleagues agreed with me.
They have a very responsible attitude towards their animals at Tala and I wish I could return to see the result of their futire plans and continued success. As a conference venue, I can't remember being anywhere more beautiful and welcoming. Thanks to Sean (a wise man who supports Liverpool) and all his staff for an unforgettable experience. I would love to go back again with my family but if it were on business again, I wouldn't complain.

1 Thank BirangDang
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Wonderful Weekend”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We had booked a weekend at Aloe Lodge at Tala but on Arrival we were upgraded to a suite in Leadwood! Wow, magnificent. Beautiful room, bathroom. Quiet, secluded. We were visited daily by a family of Nyala.

Only downside was it is quite far from the main restaurant. There is no self catering facilities, however there is a fridge.

Enjoyed sundowners on our own terrace as well as over looking the dam the one afternoon.

Would definitely return.

Food at the restaurant was superb!

2 Thank Princessetami
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great game drive”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was a great time for me and my partner. A two hour game drive is just long enough to see a good range of animals (no big cats or elephants though!), but not too long as to become boring.

Our guide, Pembas, was highly knowledgeable, friendly, and genial.

Definitely worth doing, and worth the money!

Putney
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Game, swimming and bbq!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Easy game viewing - perfect for little ones who hate being stuck in the car for hours without reward! Amazing swimming pool and excellent bbq area for family picnics with fabulous cafe onsite for any extra's toasted sandwiches, burgers, chips and of course ice cold beer! Classy restuarant with fantastic views for a special evening and comfortable accommodation across all ranges - family night away to romantic special evening!