“well worth a visit”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

It is always a struggle to find a good restaurant in Pietermartizburg, so imagine my delight when I discovered Trafford's on Tripadvisor - with such good reviews I felt I could not go wrong. I had booked a surprise 70th birthday lunch for my aunt, and we could not have asked for a more delightful venue, great service and wonderful food. The cherry on the top was the birthday carrot cake that they had made for the occasion on request.

Well worth the visit.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I travel past Traffords everyday from work, and always thougfht it would be too expensive for me to go there, but on the 26 September 2013, was our 21st wedding anniversey, so I decided to treat my wife to an excellant dinner, so I made reservation at Traffords, and boy was I surprised to taste the excellant food, and the atmosphere and best of all the price was quite resonable, well within anybodys budget, if they want to have a romantic dinner. We had three excellant course meals, well done to the chef. The host was always around and alwayswanting to know if we needed anything. Thank you for a lovely evening. I will definately eat there again.

1  Thank Mark2311
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Traffords is one of PMB's absolute gems. Having both studied and lived in Cape Town, with all the choices for foodie places there, it is a great pleasure to find some where in PMB that offers good food and new tastes on the menu. We really enjoyed the personal interactions with the owners and chef and will definitely go back again. The venue is lovely and homey. Great place to enjoy a dinner together.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

After hearing rave reviews about Traffords, we so looked forward to a gourmet experience. We were a party of 4 and each had completely different dishes. Only one of these was above average (the lamb shank). The duck was inedible and the resident dog was the recipient of most of it. Furthermore, we were overcharged on our bill and when a refund was requested, this was turned down and an offer of a Traffords voucher given. Unacceptable as we are not from Pietermaritzburg, and also do not have any intention of returning to this restaurant.

4  Thank Georgie R
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Wow, what a refreshing experience we had!Traffords suprised us both the atmosphere was amazing and the food was simply delish! Penny and her staff know there stuff! All I can say is if you have a doubt, don't you won't regret this choice!