“Once again fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 9th Avenue Bistro

9th Avenue Bistro
Ranked #4 of 598 Restaurants in Durban
Cuisines: French, European, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: twitter: http://twitter.com/9thavenuebistro
“Once again fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Travelling back to Durban top of my list was a visit back to 9th Avenue, we went for lunch this time with a few of our friends and we were not disappointed. I was pleased to see they have upgraded the front of the shop with beautiful wooden blinds and window boxes which really improve the view. The food was just as good as I remember, my one friend is very fussy and only eats simple dishes so that was great as you can have a simple steak and chips or calamari or you can have more complex dishes. I had the Quail & the Suckling pig which both were outstanding. The service is excellent. A great way to start our holiday.

1 Thank luketanner6

Blantyre, Blantyre, Malawi
“Christmas Eve Treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I dined at the 9th Avenue Bistro on Christmas Eve on our most recent trip to Durban. I made a booking with Gina via email several weeks before we arrived. Although a deposit is usually required to secure a booking for Christmas Eve, when I informed her that my husband and I were from out of the country and we couldn't deposit into their account she still made a booking for us. I really appreciated this gesture as sometimes South African service can be a bit "South African-centric" at other places. A special prix-fixe menu was offered that evening which included an amuse-bouche, starter, main, dessert, egg nog and coffee or tea for ZAR 375/person which I found to be very good value for money. The menu choices were fresh, expertly cooked and interesting. Their wine list also offers choices from across South Africa to please any palate. The service was attentive and the ambiance inviting. Don't miss this restaurant if you are visiting Durban.

2 Thank Mary_Kassam
“Service par excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

The service at 9th Avenue is impressive and the food is made to perfection. We had a late dinner here - my main and dessert were both on recommendation of the waiter. I was quite impressed with his choice and they both complimented each other quite well. The attention to detail from the staff is the best I've experienced in Durban. It all makes for an exquisite fine dining experience.

1 Thank Thabo N
Southbroom, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meaningful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Following a wine tasting hosted in la lucia, this was definitely the perfect way to end the evening.
I really was blown away by the attention to detail that goes on here. Food was excellent, starters were a duck prosciutto and stuffed calamari, with a fun powdered chorizo oil on the side. Both had main course of pork, cooked beautifully and well accompanied- portions may be delicately presented but they certainly fill one up. Dessert was the strawberry melba (deconstructed eton mess). Lots needs to be said about their wine list, which hosts numerous boutique estates and their flagships. Rarely am I thrilled over wine lists.
Service was attentive, but not overbearing. The door was opened for every guest that made their way in and out of the restaurant, and they had a pretty fill house.
It means so much to see all the passion that goes into the place like 9th Avenue Bistro. Really fantastic job to the whole team.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sam B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top Class!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

9th Avenue is top class! This has got to be one of the better restaurants in Durban. Food, service everything was flawless! If you want a great meal you have to try this place out! Highly recommend!

• Visited November 2013