“Consistently brilliant”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: twitter: http://twitter.com/9thavenuebistro
Reviewed December 26, 2012

One of Durbans best restaurants, consistently!! Good menu updates, great service and food that is consistently of a very, very high standard. A firm favourite and safe bet when entertaining work associates or overseas guests.

1  Thank Tyronev

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Everyone at the table had a great meal, the food was superb and the presentation thereof spectacular. This happens every time we dine at 9th Avenue Bistro! Graham does a sterling job in the kitchen and Gina shines at the front. The staff are a cut above the norm. The accolades and awards that 9th Avenue Bistro have been presented with serve to confirm that this restaurant is Number One.

1  Thank Durbanite-RSA
Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you really really want to eat fabulous food, nowhere else compares with 9th Ave Bistro. Had the quale at lunch, it was superb. Gina, always great as front of house/owner, the waitresses, Andy, the barman who justs keeps everything flowing......treat yourself.

1  Thank ThePalmsGuesthouse
Reviewed November 15, 2012

9th Avenue has been around a long time. I recently ate there with friends after a break of at least 3 years. The meal certainly did not disappoint. The starters were the highlight of the meal - a strawberry gazpacho with buffalo mozzarella, a beautiful seafood risotto and a hearty lentil soup. Main was kingklip on an olive and sweet potato bed. This was very good but was overshadowed by the complexity and uniqueness of the starters' flavours. Service was great. One person in our party had a problem with his main and this was dealt with professionally and with care - they comped his meal and threw in a free dessert. Very well done. I would definitely rate this as the best eating experience, in its class of fine dining, in Durban.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have been past 9th Avenue Bistro many a time, stopping over a few times only to have been told that the restaurant is closing (I am a late diner) or that the restaurant is fully booked.

I booked an evening out at 9th for my anniversary and have to say that it was the best culinary experience I have had in Durban! I didn't feel as bad when I had chat with the owner and she had told me that she had turned away the Top Gear cast as the had received a request to accommodate them however the restaurant had been fully booked prior to the request :-)

For starters, I ordered the seafood Orzo, I have traveled across the country and can easily put my hand on my heart to say that this was the best starter I have had to date! The main was great but the dessert was simply perfect.

I would highly recommend that you dine at 9th, it is a heavenly experience.

The food is a little pricey in comparison to other restaurants in the area but certainly well worth every penny.

2  Thank Lee G