“fresh sushi, old salad”

Dining options: Reservations
Durban, South Africa
“fresh sushi, old salad”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Took the family to The Green Mango for a birthday dinner but were disappointed. The service was very good, friendly, efficient, and the location is not great but its fine, we were not there for the view.

The salmon nigiri was very fresh and the fried spinach was a nice surprise, something really different, but the seafood salad had sliced cucumbers in it that were so old they were curled at the edges and soft which didn't give me any confidence to eat the seafood part of it.

The tempura and prawn toast tasted of old oil and the curries were average for Durban, overall we were hoping for more.

• Visited March 2013

Kokstad, South Africa
“yum”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Lovely food with good clean flavours. Excellent value for money. Never had a bad meal yet. Service friendly but pretty basic.
Sushi has always been good. It is in the parking lot but otherthan that I've always had a great meal there.

• Visited May 2012
Durban
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A little Gem of a restaurant”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have visited the Green Mango on several occasions over the past few years and I have never been disappointed. I love the choice of freshly prepared sushi and the amazingly flavoured Thai dishes.

Visited December 2012
Durban, South Africa
“Service sucks”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

i visited the restaurant on a Saturday for lunch with 6 people and besides another couple we were the only table there. The waitress was very rude and it seems that she was annoyed with having us there. The starters and meals were ok with good portion sizes however I was dissapointed overrall. I was expecting a bit more wow with the flavours especially as I chose the Thai dishes and it was fairly average. The part that really irritated me, was the waitress forcing the bill upon us, cleaning away our meals and completely locking up the restaurant cos it was 3pm. i understand that they have trading hours but a simple reminder at 2:30pm would have been sufficient to speed us up. So the service ruined the experience and I definitely won't recommend the restuarant to anyone.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank mg12034
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Authentic as you need it to be.”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Authentic as you need it to be. Awesome sushi, excellent Thai. Why is the wine so cheap?
Noticed the other review regarding the view.... It's a South African thing looking at car parks, but you don't notice them of the company and the food is good