“Excellent Food and Service staff.”

Olive & Oil - Glenwood
Ranked #5 of 627 Restaurants in Durban
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Whatever the occasion, when dining at Olive & Oil, we aim to imbue our Guests with a sense of well-being and comfort. Our friendly staff will be on hand to indulge you with the finest traditions of the Mediterranean – exceptional food and unrivaled hospitality. Our motto is simple; comfortable food made exceptionally well!
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have visited this restaurant twice in the last 3 weeks, and each time it has been outstanding, both food and service.

First time served rack of lamb by waiter Dieter. The rack was the best i ever had. My friends food was very good too, they all agreed. I remember the waiter because he was knowledgeable, gracious, and attentive, I would even go as far as to say preemptive. What a pleasure to have a real waiter for a change.

The next time I was there with friends, we had the honour of having Tasha serve us. We had Kingklip fish that was fresh and un-frozen, was really good. Very difficult thing to find in a little fishing village like Durban, ask me, I have lived here for more than 50 years. Mostly it tends to be deep frozen Argentininan pin toothed spiderfish for all I know, but thankfully, at this restaurant, it was the real thing.

What more can i say!! I will definitely be eating at Olive and Oil again.

1  Thank deandbn
There are newer reviews for Olive & Oil - Glenwood

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Had a great experience at your Glenwood branch, the food was great and our waiter Dieter was excellent the kids room was also great as it kept our little one busy while we enjoyed a great night out. Definetely will be returning.

1  Thank Michelle N
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I was fortunate enough to share a Monday Night Special at your restaurant last night. I am not a lover of ribs, or beer for that matter, so when Olive and Oil was the choice of restaurant to dine at for the Special, I quickly thought of any other dish I could order, however having being coaxed into the special I was wonderfully suprised. The ribs were the best I have tasted and the portion was very, very generous! It left little room for the beer. I look forward to tucking back into it at lunch time having opted for a "Doggie Bag" which I never do.
I will be back next Monday, thank you Olive and Oil, for not making me regret acting "out of character".

2  Thank warrend1
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I went there with a couple friends, the service was friendly enough however the place came across as dirty and the food was horrid - all of us had terribly cooked food. The Umhlanga branch is much better than the Glenwood one. Maybe because it was a Sunday they were short staffed in the kitchen but I would never go back there again. In that area rather go to the arts cafe or Cafe 1999 which is just around the corner or even Hemmingways would be a much better option. Cetainly not a fine dining restaurant.

5  Thank luketanner6
Reviewed April 18, 2012

6 of us, ages 11 to 80+ enjoyed lunch today. Food, atmosphere, service was excellent. Considering extending my stay in Durban longer just to have the nice lunch again! Sam kept us happy and satisfied. Would be nice if you were located in Pretoria! Thanks. Rod

1  Thank Rod1Rod