“Meat lovers do not miss it”

Butcher Boys Florida Road
Ranked #1 of 633 Restaurants in Durban
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Butcher Boys, an elegant upmarket steak restaurant, opened its doors in Morningside, Durban in November 1999. This sanctuary for meat lovers serve the best grain fed beef South Africa has to offer and our wet & dry aging process results in exceptional quality and texture. Our in house butcheries will cut to your preference whether it be lean or with a little fat or of a particular weight or thickness. Our unique temperature controlled wine cellars proudly house a diverse selection of indigenous vintage estate wines from the fairest Cape and surrounds.
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

One of the best fillet steaks I eat.
Place is very wormy and cosy.
The attendants very helpful and kind.
It is very well served.
I just didn't like the deserts. The price is reasonable.

Mark S, Public Relations Manager at Butcher Boys Florida Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

@H3nriqu3s Thank you for visiting Butcher Boys, we glad you enjoyed your evening. Please come again soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is the ultimate meat eaters dream come true, you have the world of meats at the end of your tables where you can just loose your mind and go crazy.

Mark S, Public Relations Manager at Butcher Boys Florida Road, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Edward F, we are very glad you enjoyed your meal. Come again soon!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

As far as recommendations from my parents go, Butcher Boys Steakhouse in Durban is probably the best, they came here one Christmas leaving me and my brother to fend for ourselves and returned banging on about this steak restaurant in Durban......

Anyway, I now spend a couple of weeks a year in Durban for work and make sure I spend a few evenings trying to eat the place out of red meat, but fortunately this is something I’ll never achieve as it also runs (as the name suggests) as a typical butchers, as in, go in, order your meat, pay for meat, take it home and BBQ it (or braii, as they call it over in their stupid Dutch).

This place is pretty famous amongst my travelling colleagues because the crux is simple; red meat, red wine, attractive waitresses and, if you’re used to dealing in the European steak commodity, very affordable.

BB is a must for anyone visiting or (more likely) anyone working in Durban, the meat is always good, occasionally fantastic, the service is perfect and the vibe is cool.

I went for the fillet, standard fair really, and a salad, which was a typically sarcastic effort from a chef that knows where his skills lie (applying heat to meat), the dressing and cheese negated any health alternative the salad should bring, but never mind, you shouldn’t expect it. You come here to smash steak..........

TC_On_Tour, good one you! Nice to have you coming back for more! Maybe next time give the Prime Rib a try?

All the best

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had to eat early, 1800 so there was ample seating and the server allowed us a choice of tables. The menu had a great selection of meats including wild game. The servers where great and knowledgable about the menu, they were all very attractive as well which appeals to my chauvanstic side. Specific questions were all answered immediately with only one being directed to the chef to check on availability. My colleague had steak and ribs and I had the Kudu steaks both were done to our order and the portions were perfect, maybe slightly larger than perfect as we left happily stuffed. Prices are excellent, especially since we were coming from Europe. I would say the only downside was the service was fast, we didn't feel pressured to leave at any time but everything did come out pretty fast from the time we put in our order. I would gladly go back for another meal as everything we had was excellent and there were a number of other options that peaked our interest but we never tried.

JJ L, from Rotterdam, thanks for the review! Glad to hear it all went according to plan.

Stop by soon!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Fantastic service! Best steaks in town! Always will go back! Thou the two seaters is very small, table seating isnt cosy for couples, they dont allow couples on bigger tables.

@Edward F Thank you for visiting Butcher Boys. We are glad you enjoyed your evening.