“good fun in an amazing setting”

Cargo Hold Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 648 Restaurants in Durban
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2014

good fun in an amazing setting. we had a nice lunch - some nice hake & mash and chili prawns. service was good and its something else dining with sharks, snappers, barracuda and other fish 3m away...

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I have been here frequently and still enjoy the thrill of Sharks watching YOU as you eat. Beautiful ambiance that keeps you staring at the ceiling or ship wrecked suit cases and book shelves. Good food, very accommodating staff under the new management. Food is well priced for the experience. Beautiful during the day and night. The team caters extremely well for special occasions and large dinner parties (family and friends or corporates). Definitely one of the best restaurants in Durban.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I had made the reservation at Cargo Hold after reading the few negative reviews, i was filled with doubt but nevertheless opted to give it a go, since it was the first time me and my fiance were going there. I was never disappointed and will infact go again, the food was divine , from the starters to the incredible mains which the chef delicatley prepared. It was a masterpiece , the service was 100% and the breathtaking views is something out of this world. i would recommend this resturant to anyone wanting an extraordinary culinary experience.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

My partner and I visited the Cargo Hold recently with high expectations based on its website and other reviews on TA. Sadly we were somewhat let down. The service was average and slow, our waitress seemed very uninterested and was not attentive at all. I had to try and get her attention to try and order another drink and order our meals. My partner and I both ordered a seafood platter and were disappointed - seemed more like something from a casual fish and chip shop not an upmarket speciality seafood restaurant. Aquarium was interesting but had very few varieties of fish and the whole place seemed a bit old and tired. I feel like it's just holding on to its perhaps once good reputation and the novel factor of sitting by the tank. All in all disappointing especially considering the prices they are charging for a below average experience. Glad we gave it a go but really not worth it when so many other fantastic options for dinner in Durban!

1  Thank GDGN13
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Having a very rare cold day in Durban we decided to go and have lunch at Cargo Hold , the menu seemed limited and we eventually decided to skip starters and just go for main , i ordered a lamb shank with minted mash , we seem to wait quite long and eventually our food arrived only to be cold day, i send it back only to have cold mash again , i just ended up calling for our bill and rather leave highly disappointed and paying quite a bit for a bad meal

1  Thank lindy v