“beautiful food”

Ranked #43 of 648 Restaurants in Durban
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I went here for my birthday treat , the food was lovely , and the views are stunning as the hotel revolves and you see the beautiful views of Durban , lol if you go to the toilet you have to look for your table when you get back because the restaurant has revolved ....Genius ...a must for anyone visiting Durban

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

After research and some reviews I decided to experience it for myself. After being seated it took 30 minutes to be attended to for our orders. That I found to be somewhat annoying. But after that everything went swimmingly! The starters and mains were excellent, the service was on par we never had to try and find the waiter, accompanied by a spectacular 360 view of Durban. We had a fantastic time. Definitely coming back and will have a takeover of Gino's sky bar.

1  Thank Epicurious_adie
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of my youngest daughter. The wheelchair access is terrible with no effort made to put any solution in place.The service was ok at best, we constantly had to ask for drinks and get someones attention. My partner had spaghetti bolognese and I had a lasagne, very bland looking and even more bland tasting for both dishes. My daughters had a steak with pepper sauce, they both said it was ok but it just looked like a piece of meat on a plate covered by a runny liquid. When we came to pay for the bill the waiter asked if everything was ok and when I said I wasn't happy with the quality of the food he seemed surprised and said he would call the maitre d. The maitre d wasn't very good at listening to his customers concerns, I think I touched a nerve and maybe be being Italian his fiery side came out! He told me all the meals are traditional Italian and he has never had complaints in the past about the lasagne. On a number of occasions during our one-sided conversation I tried to tell him I spent a week in Italy in June 2013 and no where did I experience his 'traditional Italian' lasagne, again not very receptive to me, or my feedback which was now turning into a complaint. Anyway, not a pleasant experience, fantastic views of Durban which made the evening. I will not be returning on my next visit.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Finding it in the dark, was a bit difficult, but well worth the visit. The staff were friendly and the food excellent, not to mention the wide selection of deserts.

We met up with family who came through to see us and it was also their first visit there and they enjoyed it. The floor revolves so slowly you hardly notice it, and it gives you an excellent view of the whole of Durban!

1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The view is one of the best in Durban - city, beach, harbour.The food is simple with generous quantities.