“Brilliant”

Ranked #54 of 659 Restaurants in Durban
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Like orher reviews say, the decor may need a little modernising but we didn't come to look at that, we came to eat and we ate! The food was amazing and I would highly recommend the crocodile but I must admit the desserts were a little tasteless.
The waiters were professional and friendly without being over bearing. Just what you want. My tip is to take a note of where your table is, as you may come from the loo and struggle to find it! Sitting looking at the views of Durban at night whilat eating is brilliant and the sky bar is great too. When I'm next in SA I will go again!

Another great touch is the parking, we were a little apprehensive about where the parking is situated, however the restaurant security/car guard came out and walked with us to the restaurant and when we were leaving he came again and walked us to our car. He's so funny too!
All in all, we had a great night with great views, great food and a great atmosphere and this has got to be near the top of the list for places to go to in Durban.

1  Thank cazie6

Reviewed July 13, 2013

You're supposed to make a reservation for Roma, but when my friends and I went, we didn't know that. Nonetheless, they ushered us up to the Sky Bar from where you could see the whole city. We didn't even wait for 5 minutes before they had a table ready for us. Apparently there had been a cancellation. The waiters were friendly, even though I think we were a bit under-dressed. Yes, the decor is a bit guady, but the view and the food are excellent! Each of our meals were amazing. Would definitely recommend Roma to anyone!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I really enjoyed this restaurant. It's very old school and a little gaudy. But it bursts with character like no other. I had a duck liver pate as a starter was very good. Mains I had the lamb it was cooked to perfection. The Italian wine was flowing all night. After dinner go upstairs to the roof bar. It has breath taking views of Durban.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We went to Roma for dinner with a group of friends. All the waiters were very abrupt and unfriendly. They did not get our orders right & they brought certain dishes half an hour later. The service was shocking. The food was very average and definitely not good value for money. The view however is spectacular. But there is no atmosphere whatsoever in this restaurant. I would probably recommend skipping the restaurant altogether and heading up to the sky bar for view & drinks!

1  Thank SweetPiment0
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Food is above average, but not the start attraction. As Durban's only revolving restaurant, it is something all should experience. the harbour and city really look beautiful at night.

Waiters are a bit tired and old.