“What a pleasant surprise”
Review of Suncoast Towers

Suncoast Towers
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Durban
Johannesburg, South Africa
“What a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Casino resort hotels are not normally high on my list of accommodation choices, but when I was unable to find accommodation at my normal hotel in Durban, I thought I would give it a go. Even though I was just looking for a bed, having driven down to Durban on my Harley and without my wife, I was pleasantly surprised. I found the reception to be warm and accommodating and within no time they had secured a standard room with a sea view for the night. The next morning, I intended to move on, but decided that I had enjoyed the night and I might as well stay another day. No standard rooms were available, except a smoking room which I politely declined. At this point the GM overheard the discussion and upgraded me to a fantastic Junior Suite. The location is superb and afforded me direct access to one of the best boardwalks in the world!

As I said, not my normal choice for a hotel, but this one surprised.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
SuncoastManagement, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward welcoming you back!

Adrian Penny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed August 19, 2014

As a frequent traveller to more third world towns and cities, one expects service levels at one of Africa's best cities to be top notch. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Whether friendly service is a favour to staff, as opposed to a standard expectation I am not sure - one thing which is for certain though is that this falls way below expectation and certainly does the brand no favours. The in-room complimentary beverages were absent and the general feel was below standard. Certainly ranks lower for service than most hotels in other challenging parts of Africa.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am sorry to hear that the levels of service did not meet your requirements.

I can assure you that we strive to provide our guests with the best possible service.

Your comments have been shared with the team and I trust that we will be able to meet your requirements on your next stay.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I stayed in a Suite on 8th floor and was bowled over by the views, comfort, little extras, luxury and size. This hotel is in an excellent location and you feel like you at a Resort. The staffs' friendly smiles were evident throughout and they made me feel special and attended to my requirements so very well. The food is varied and top notch and I have stayed at many other places in Durban to make a fair comparison. Everything felt sublime and effortless. One big negative:- I did not want to go anywhere at all, just wanted to stay in the luxury and comfort of my suite and the Hotel. Highly recommended - will encourage clients, friends etc to experience this awesome Hotel. make a booking now and go!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your wonderfull review following your recent stay with us at Suncoast Hotels.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves, in particular the exceptional service and friendliness of the staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back again to enjoy another memorable stay with us.

Jhb
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Lack of attention to detail. No through the line provision of customer service. Cleanliness standards in the room problematic, fresh beverage stock absent. Lack of facility communciation. Very small room

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for the feedback provided.

We have addressed your concerns regarding the standards of cleanliness of your room and know that your constructive criticism enables us to grow and provide consistent good service.

May I please ask that you visit our website to learn more about all the room types we have on offer.

Looking forward welcoming you back.

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We were there for our birthdays. FANTASTIC. We will always going back. We love Durban.The hotel was exelent. Very clean., Smells very good. Personall friendly and helpfull. So keep up the GOOD work please.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank hesterbritz
SuncoastManagement, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Guests

Great to hear that you had a FANTASTIC time with us and that we could provide you with good memories on a special occasion!

We also appreciate the positive feedback on the staff attitude and good service.

I look forward welcoming you back.

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I always try and stay at Suncoast Towers when visiting Durban and reserve the junior suite as the experience is second to none. The room and the views are brilliant and leaves a very pleasant memory.

The service and hospitality is par excellence and the breakfast is really good. The week dinner - Jeera is great and is a must try.

I always enjoy my stay at Suncoast Towers and would gladly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: junior suite - all are sea facing