“Suncoast Casino Hotel, Durban”
Review of Suncoast Towers

Suncoast Towers
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Durban
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Suncoast Casino Hotel, Durban”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

What a pleasant surprise this hotel was. Friendly staff from when we arrived in the car park. Clean, lovely rooms, great views, lots of restaurants within the same resort. The first hotel I've stayed in where the conference centre would contact me to tell me when they were going home and when they would be back the following morning in case there was anything we needed in the interim! I will definitely be back!

1 Thank Julie H
Kaliq E, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for the feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward welcoming you back!

Kaliq Essop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when my husband and I decided to take a 1 night break for our anniversary at the Suncoast Towers. As we stay literally 30 mins away from Durban I must admit i was a little apprehensive about what we were going to find. We arrived early and were greeted by the fantastic staff. Their attention to detail is fantastic and we were surprised shortly after with a complimentary cheese cake and mini bottle of champagne to celebrate. The view of the sea was amazing, the room was comfortable and the hotel/complex amenities suit every need and budget. We took a walk down on the beach and reentered the hotel via the pool entrance which is a lovely area, well hidden off the promenade and tastefully decorated. The breakfast was beautiful, there was some thing for every one. Over all we had a fantastic stay and can not fault the staff and hotel in any way. Thank you for a unforgettable stay.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kaliq E, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for posting a review.

It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay and your anniversary celebration with us. I am glad that we could make it a beautiful memory for you.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

New York
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The Suncoast Hotel and Towers is right on the beachfront. Get an ocean view room -- it is lovely to see the waves of the Indian Ocean and feel the breeze.

The room and the bed are definitely comfortable. However, I would not rate the room as fantastic as there was nothing that made it extra special. I stayed only for one night on business and selected the property for its location and safety. The location is definitely very convenient as it is attached to several restaurants and a secure beachfront.

The staff are helpful and the property is well maintained. There is a gym and pool onsite as well. I ordered room service for dinner as I was really tired and found the food quite delicious. My only complaint is the fragrance that the hotel uses in all its public spaces. I found it to overpowering. Plus, it was not a fragrance that I really liked. It would be great if they controlled how much of it was wafting through the public spaces.

Final words...stay here if you are looking for convenience, comfort and safety. This is not the place if you are looking for that extra "oomph" in your stay and experience.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay.

We appreciate the positive comments regarding the good service and the facilities of the hotel.

Please note that we have larger and more luxurious rooms on the Towers division of the hotel. We look forward welcoming you back and I would be delighted to personally assist you with the perfect room, so that your experience is fantastic.

Johannesburg
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great location on beachfront, excellent service and friendliness from all staff, fantastic breakfasts, great sea view! Convenient amenities at hotel or at Suncoast complex. This was our second stay and cannot wait to stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
Kaliq E, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.

We really value your feedback and I was delighted to see that you enjoyed so many of our wonderful fascilities, including the Spa.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bellville
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had the priviledge to stay over at the Suncoast Hotel & Towers with the SA Rugby Legends 2-4 May 2013 !
I was completely wow'd by the stunning unit I had (505) - a breathtaking sea-view apartment was welcoming me when I entered my room !
The atmosphere was unbelievable, the service from entering the hotel to saying goodbye was EXCELLENT !
The breakfast was absolutey amazing !!

Thanks Suncoast - you made me feel very welcome and at home for my first time visiting Durban !!

Melinda

1 Thank Rod_MelBellville
Kaliq E, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are delighted that you had a good stay with us.

Your comments regarding the excellent sevice will be shared with the team.

We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

As I sit here writing this review in my "Room with a View" at Suncoast Durban, with the sound of Indian Ocean waves crashing nearby, I feel utterly fortunate. The view from the pool and from the outdoor restaurant seating is also enticing. The Staff here are young and eager-to-please, giving the place a continually friendly atmosphere. Rooms: ideally suited for business travel, featuring a long desk across one side with European and South African outlets and good lighting—with the seaside-facing window directly above it; plenty of vanity space; a good strong shower; a safe large enough for my laptop; and a real bonus: a well-sized fridge that’s nice and empty so that you can fill it up with drinks and/or snacks without having to boot out mini bar items. The exercise room: has the essential. Breakfast: plentiful and includes the crucial eggs-made-to order. Do sit outside for the leafy poolside view if there’s a table free…

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Yvette S
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We take great pride in offering the best possible service. I am delighted that you found the staff and service good - we do appreciate your fantastic comments.

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Always a pleasure to stay. Excellent attention to visitors at all times. I am a regular traveller and would not stay anywhere else but here.

The staff always go the extra mile. The rooms are comfortable with all the necessary amenaties.

It is close to the ocean and beaches, with a awesome swimming pool if you choose to swim more leasurely.

I recommend this the place to stay

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kaliq E, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in offering the very best service and I am delightede that you found the staff and service good.

I would also like to thank you for your patronage and we look forward welcoming you back home!