“Ocean, comfort and convenience”
Review of Suncoast Towers

Suncoast Towers
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Durban
New York
“Ocean, comfort and convenience”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The Suncoast Hotel and Towers is right on the beachfront. Get an ocean view room -- it is lovely to see the waves of the Indian Ocean and feel the breeze.

The room and the bed are definitely comfortable. However, I would not rate the room as fantastic as there was nothing that made it extra special. I stayed only for one night on business and selected the property for its location and safety. The location is definitely very convenient as it is attached to several restaurants and a secure beachfront.

The staff are helpful and the property is well maintained. There is a gym and pool onsite as well. I ordered room service for dinner as I was really tired and found the food quite delicious. My only complaint is the fragrance that the hotel uses in all its public spaces. I found it to overpowering. Plus, it was not a fragrance that I really liked. It would be great if they controlled how much of it was wafting through the public spaces.

Final words...stay here if you are looking for convenience, comfort and safety. This is not the place if you are looking for that extra "oomph" in your stay and experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kaliq E, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay.

We appreciate the positive comments regarding the good service and the facilities of the hotel.

Please note that we have larger and more luxurious rooms on the Towers division of the hotel. We look forward welcoming you back and I would be delighted to personally assist you with the perfect room, so that your experience is fantastic.

Kaliq Essop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Polish first
Johannesburg
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great location on beachfront, excellent service and friendliness from all staff, fantastic breakfasts, great sea view! Convenient amenities at hotel or at Suncoast complex. This was our second stay and cannot wait to stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
Kaliq E, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.

We really value your feedback and I was delighted to see that you enjoyed so many of our wonderful fascilities, including the Spa.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bellville
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had the priviledge to stay over at the Suncoast Hotel & Towers with the SA Rugby Legends 2-4 May 2013 !
I was completely wow'd by the stunning unit I had (505) - a breathtaking sea-view apartment was welcoming me when I entered my room !
The atmosphere was unbelievable, the service from entering the hotel to saying goodbye was EXCELLENT !
The breakfast was absolutey amazing !!

Thanks Suncoast - you made me feel very welcome and at home for my first time visiting Durban !!

Melinda

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rod_MelBellville
Kaliq E, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are delighted that you had a good stay with us.

Your comments regarding the excellent sevice will be shared with the team.

We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

As I sit here writing this review in my "Room with a View" at Suncoast Durban, with the sound of Indian Ocean waves crashing nearby, I feel utterly fortunate. The view from the pool and from the outdoor restaurant seating is also enticing. The Staff here are young and eager-to-please, giving the place a continually friendly atmosphere. Rooms: ideally suited for business travel, featuring a long desk across one side with European and South African outlets and good lighting—with the seaside-facing window directly above it; plenty of vanity space; a good strong shower; a safe large enough for my laptop; and a real bonus: a well-sized fridge that’s nice and empty so that you can fill it up with drinks and/or snacks without having to boot out mini bar items. The exercise room: has the essential. Breakfast: plentiful and includes the crucial eggs-made-to order. Do sit outside for the leafy poolside view if there’s a table free…

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank I_am_a_Washingtonian
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We take great pride in offering the best possible service. I am delighted that you found the staff and service good - we do appreciate your fantastic comments.

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Always a pleasure to stay. Excellent attention to visitors at all times. I am a regular traveller and would not stay anywhere else but here.

The staff always go the extra mile. The rooms are comfortable with all the necessary amenaties.

It is close to the ocean and beaches, with a awesome swimming pool if you choose to swim more leasurely.

I recommend this the place to stay

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kaliq E, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in offering the very best service and I am delightede that you found the staff and service good.

I would also like to thank you for your patronage and we look forward welcoming you back home!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights. Staff very friendly and helpful, room clean and comfortable. Great bed with lots of feather pillows and feather duvet. Sea view. Enough storage although might be tight if there were two of you staying. Generous space around the sink area. Lots of mirrors, but oddly, not one that you can see yourself in full length. Convenient shaver point with standard European connection, good for charging a toothbrush. No hairdryer supplied which is not a problem for me but would be a nice touch. Plenty of desk space and good wireless connection, although this was expensive, I thought. Tip: when you connect, use any website other than Google to bring up the alwayson login, for some reason I couldn't force this through Google. I used room service once for a beer and it was speedy, friendly, with no delivery charge.
Breakfasts are great, with lots of choice including lovely fresh fruit, pastries, cooked options and cereals, yoghurt, etc. Dinners were OK but more mixed, a limited choice and could be a bit slow. Might be better to walk through the link to the casino and food court.
I used the pool which I enjoyed; as it was quite a cold day by Durban standards I had it to myself. I imagine it could get crowded in better weather. There are no adequate changing facilities downstairs so you have to trail wet, and semi clothed through the restaurant area.
Only real complaint is that both the room, and particularly the restaurant area were quite cold. I couldn't heat my room at all and in the public spaces the aircon was too powerful for the prevailing external temperatures.
Be aware that although the hotel is right on the beach and very accessible during daylight, this is not an area where you can wander at night. It is situated close to an urban motorway and not within safe walking distance of shops or restaurants.
I would definitely stay here again if I returned to Durban.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank samliz
Kaliq E, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback following your recent stay at Suncoast Hotel and Towers when you found our staff to be efficient and professional.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself and that you are already looking forward to your next visit.

We look forward welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

Manipal
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have never seen a hotel that has deliberately screwed up the interiors to spoil, what I consider as a spectacular vista. The rooms are very small and the shower stall abuts the wall that has a small window overlooking the beach. If only the window was large enough and gave access to a balcony, every flaw in the hotel could have been excused. The breakfast is good and the staff are exteremely kind and helpful. But I didnot get value for the money that I paid for three nights. There are several excellent hotels in Durban and this is one place I wouldnt want to come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kaliq E, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review and for commenting on the staff being kind and helpful.
I would like to inform you that we have more spacious rooms available in the Towers section of the hotel - please visit our website and have a look at the options available to you. I would also like to invite you to the property and allow me to show you our different room types that we have available for future references.