All reviewsroom was cleanold ladyspecial thanksper nightyvonneattendance
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at your hotel for the night of 14 - 17 in room 48- I am sorry to say that our stay was not pleasant at all:

1. We got to the hotel and nobody helped us, there was a small stubborn indian girl who didnt even bother to greet us and make us feel welcome instead held a stubborn face all through the check in process. The blacks at the reception was the most friendly ones and the cleaners as well.

2. After a horrible check in we thought okay maybe the room will be very nice ( like advertised on the website) - not the case at all. We felt so uncomfortable.

3. The floors were freezing cold

4. They advertise they give you and hair dryer but when you ask the ladies at reception they are ride to you especially the Indian lady

5. The bathroom: it was RATHER very small compared to pictures

This hotel does not look anything like the pictures on the website - I would not recommend your Hotel to anybody.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Kereshnee R
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

We came to Durban to celebrate my friend's birthday expecting a warm and memorable stay, only to find that wat was advertised on the Internet was sumthing totally different to what we came across. The bathroom was filthy, we were given old towels that are torn.The beds are the worse I have ever seen,the lady at reception was very rude and didn't have tym for us . would not go back there even if I wish to.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Adel M
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is not in the best neighborhood. Walking around outside can be dangerous - but the employees of the hotel helped us a lot and they have been very friendly. One employee took care of our car, so we had a safe trip to and from the hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2017

What an amazing birthday breakaway!

I had managed to book a couple of rooms on behalf of a school tour group that had spent the week in Durban and how pleasant and convenient it was to work with them.
A special thanks to Kholi and Yvonne for your kindness, generosity and patience :)

The rooms are neat and tidy, service is prompt and staff are SUPER friendly. The food was amazing as well as breakfast. I had the opportunity to celebrate my birthday while staying at the Albany and the staff made my day even more special. Thank you so much to each and everyone for your kindness. You truly made me feel at home.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Was booked in as this was pretty close to a business meeting. Definitely not the greatest place. The entrance / foyer is really modern and looks pretty nice. However, once you take the rather dated lifts to the rooms, the whole scene changes and the place looks rather dingy. The parking is also on the other side of the road in a parkade. You have to walk back to the hotel, and although only about 150 meters, the area is not the greatest, with nightclubs and the associated element present.
The guests are also rather rowdy and one constantly hears chatter in the hallways.
Bedding also had some greasy strains and other marks on it.
The hotel lacks a professional feel of the mainstream hotels, but in the end, I guess you get what you pay for. Hotel is not situated in the best part of town, and with a few nightclubs as neighbors, I guess it could get pretty rowdy.
Definitely won't be back in a hurry.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business