“The park manager chris”

Phezulu Safari Park
Ranked #11 of 128 things to do in Durban
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I went to phezulu safari park ages ago it was a run down little place but ive been there recently to show a friend junior but he was dead so i was sad. But i met up with chris he took the time to chat to us make us feel like the best customers ever real vip treatment he told us so much about reptiles my head spined it was fantastic he told us about a demo we went there it was great he proved snakes arnt monsters trying to kill me we had great luaghs hes a crazy guy but great it was well worth the trip will bring more friends hope to see chris again

Regards: tracy

1  Thank Christiaan B

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went to the Zulu village, where we were introduced to Zulu customs and culture, including some of their dances. The dancers were nothing short of amazing! The energy they had, and their ability to move was extraordinary. We also were able to go inside several of the traditional Zulu huts, which were interesting. There is a gift shop here with gorgeous souvenirs, most of which are very reasonably priced. After the culture show we went over to see the crocodiles, turtles and snakes, which was quite interesting, especially seeing the crocodile feeding. All in all, our time here was quite enjoyable. If you are interested in Zulu culture, this is an interesting place to visit. The countryside between Durban and this area is absolutely beautiful.

1  Thank Jesusan
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Safari is fantastic our guide was excellent. I work 5 months doing what he does in Custer, South Dakota and I recognize a guide that loves his job and he does.
The staff in the Gift Shop cannot do enough to be of service. The food in the Cafe was also spot on and the view is to die for.

1  Thank Robert j
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I am so angry with this place!

Firstly, it is so stupid expensive for what you get and if you think you are going to get a days worth, forget about it. I questioned the pricing and understand that i have no issue with spending good money as long as its justified!!!!

I asked about this attraction and was told that we would have a good number of hours here. We can watch the snake demonstration, check out the cultural village, the views and enjoy a great lunch......I was sold until i realized that we had completed the whole attraction in under 2 hours. The snake demo was a joke, which lasted 15 mins and only 3 snakes, the snakes habitats were shocking (Coming from someone who bred snakes), the crocodile pits were average and very small for the size of the crocs.

The Cultural village was so staged and lacked any sort of enjoyment from the performers, they were simply robotic with mostly Zulu dialog which we clearly cant understand.

When i then spoke to the manager, i was so badly blunted....grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! I said that they only cater for the Foreigners at these prices and it was crazy to be charging anyone, local or foreigner. I said they need to compare the prices for Ushaka and there you get a whole days fun and activity. DO NOT GO!!!!!!! There are better places than this attempt for local flare.

Still frothing at the mouth!!!!!!!!

4  Thank Tina N
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Found this to be ideal for day trips as lots of animals can be viewed. They have most except the predators. Have seen rhino, hippo, giraffe and buffalo amongst others.

Some of the Lodges bit out of reach of the main reception area which can be an inconvenience but seem quite nice