“Lovely aquarium but that's not the only wildlife in there!”

uShaka Sea World Aquarium
Ranked #2 of 129 things to do in Durban
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We got a free entrance into the aquarium after eating at the Cargo Hold restaurant (see separate review).
There were only a few other people in the aquarium at this time, so viewing the exhibits was very pleasant compared to other times I have been where you couldn't get near some of the tanks because of the crowds.
The sound effects and the design of the aquarium is stunning and little touches inside the exhibits, like crockery, chandeliers etc, make it feel like a ship wreck.
On the downside, which is why I didn't give it 5 stars was that whilst we were waiting for some of our family to catch up, we waited at the closed coffee shop. We could see all the equipment and the coffee machine had cockroaches running around on the INSIDE, then a large mouse/rat ran across the floor and under the food counter. Somebody had also vomited on the floor and nobody had bothered to clean it, which is quite gross.
I hope they sort out their "wildlife" problem as they are going to get sick customers if they don't.

1  Thank Susan H

Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you think you've seen it all before, think again! During my visit, I could not believe my eyes when seeing some of those weird, beautiful and extraordinary creatures! It's amazing to see how these little (and massive) animals live in their own habitat! This place is packed with many interesting billboards to read and animals to see. If this will be your first time visiting, remember to bring your camera to snap those extra special moments. This place is clean, safe and family friendly!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

The aquarium is worth a visit. Very authentically set in the belly of an old ship. Good variety and beautifully displayed.
The dolphin show was a bit of a disappointment though.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The access to the aquarium is something really amazing. You enter into an old ship and start to walk inside it and passing through inumerous big aquariums with many diferent type of aquamarine species. Very educative.

1  Thank BenjaminLevitre
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My wife bought me a ticket for my birthday. Although the Wet 'n Wild section was a huge disaster, the Sea World is absolutely fantastic. The moment you enter the ship, it is as if you enter another world altogether. As if you are stepping into their world. Everything was exceeding expectations.