“parc restaurant”

parc
Ranked #29 of 618 Restaurants in Durban
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At parc. cafe we aim to provide you with the best possible cafe experience in Durban, through intelligent, thoughtful and affordable food, friendly and efficient service and a homely comfortable ambiance. Nestled in the heart of Glenwood, parc. offers you a social, casual dining experience that captures the essence of Durban culture.
“parc restaurant”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Had to try the famous eggs benedict and was not disappointed. Loved the lemon twist which changed the taste considerably.
Parc should really put their name on the outside of their building. We drove up and down the road a few times before choosing it.

• Visited June 2014

“What a Sunday Morning! ”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I enjoyed a delightful getaway for breakfast at parc. The venue was super busy, packed in fact, but we had amazing coffee and live music to keep us entertained while we waited for our food, which took a little longer to arrive than normal due to the busy venue, however the food was absolutely incredible even with a packed venue the food was if the highest quality and absolutely delicious. i could literally eat their eggs benedict for breakfast every morning for the rest of my life.

If you have no been yet then you really need to get your A into G and head down to parc!

1 Thank Marshall L
Durban, South Africa
“In love with this place!!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Sitting inside or even better, on the sidewalk on a sunny day, there is no better spot in Durban.
For breakfast try the corn, eggs or the Benedict. For lunch I recommend the Falafel Burger or any of the salads.
For Sunday, midday jazz music is played on the side walk.
I've been back 20 times, even with the dog and always leave with a satisfied tummy!
The service is friendly, relaxed and efficient.
Can't wait to be back.

• Visited June 2014
“great food”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

love eating at Parc, a café/coffee shop on the street alongside a artisanal bakery and hair salon. The tables spill onto the pavement, and on Sundays they have jazz outside (thank heavens Brett has decided to open on sundays). They are usually open to 2pm on the weekends, and from 7.30 to 4 during the wee (closed Mondays), with the main kitchen closing about an hour before - homemade cakes, scones and fabulous brownies and drinks are available until closing. The food is FRESH, flavoursome, inventive and a good combination of vegetarian and meat dishes on the menu, which is written up on the blackboard wall, and wine is available. I like the touch of parc writing up their supplier names below the menu. The breakfasts are to roll over and die for and they are changed and updated as required - the poached eggs on asparagus with truffle oil was brilliant, albeit a little rich. another favourite is the not-so-benedict eggs, plus I regularly choose their scrambled eggs and crispy bacon - the scrambled eggs are soft, and the bacon really really crispy - just right for me. My husband has recently chosen their chicken liver pate - on repeat visits - bluntly, I don't know how they do it for the price - a really healthy serving size of pate, fresh rosemary & potato bread, onion marmelade, tomato relish with cumin (which I steal because its that good) and pickled cucumbers served on a wooden board. He also rates the steak open sandwich highly. The staff are attentive and friendly and enthusiastic about their product. There is a small bench type table that has plugs if you need power, and one table alongside a wall that has a plug. Can you tell I like going there often ? When full, I would imagine some would find it noisy, but I'm okay with that buzz. My only whine is that they don't open early enough in the morning . . . .

• Visited May 2014
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great atmosphere, attentive staff, FANTASTIC food and lots of it! I had the falafel burger and their special coffee milkshake. The burger was huge and delicious; the shake, sweet and tasty. My wife had the marinated chicken breast and is still raving about it. Parc alone was worth the trip to South Africa. If you get withing a few hundred miles of the place, go eat!

• Visited April 2014