“Day tours for Cruise Passengers”

Country and Coastal Touring
Ranked #11 of 71 Tours in Durban
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours conducted throughout KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. We offer a variety of tours from wildlife safaris, guided battlefield experiences, photography tours, hiking in the Drakensberg, mountain-biking adventures, golfing tours and more. All tours undertaken by qualified and experienced guides.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Shelldon of Country and Coastal Touring was one of the best guides we met in South Africa. He helped us plan a day tour suited for cruise passengers. He was right on time with his vehicle, and he was very knowledgeable of the area and all the wildlife and also the culture. Our tour was fantastic, couldn't ask for anything more except we wish we had more time in Durban.

He took us to Hillbilly's for lunch which served good local food and there were small shops that sell souvenirs and handicraft for much cheaper prices.

As agreed, he took us back to the port in time so we didn't have to worry about being left behind by our ship.

At the end of the day, everybody in our group was happy.

Two thumbs up for Shelldon and his company!!!

1  Thank lottyh

Reviewed June 8, 2014

A great tour company. I was looking to do a couple of day tours from Durban in the days after the Comrades marathon. I found some difficulty as a solo traveller as not all tour companies were reasonable in this regard but Country and Coastal Touring helpfully identified some tours that I could join. I did a tour of the Valley of 1000 Hills with a guide called Charles - he knew the area very well - Zulu culture, wildlife and geography. The other tour was to the Hluhluwe Umfolozi park - quite a long drive from Durban but well worth the trip. Our guide was Shelldon and he knew very well where to look for the animals. We saw rhino, elephant, lion, buffalo, crocodile, hippo, warthog, impala, kudu, giraffe, zebra, eagle, vulture and many other species, including a massive spider. I am a vegan and suitable food was provided on both tours. I can't fault the service that was offered.

3  Thank Nellyvamplew
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I am eternally grateful to Charles of Country and Coastal Touring! Here is why. I had a unique request and Country and Coastal Touring completely came through for me! I wanted to follow and meet up with my husband during the 2014 Comrades Marathon run from Pietermaritzburg to Durban (56 miles). I figured it would be an 8 hour day event. Because of my concern for driving the route (crowds, parking, multiple road closures, me not knowing the roads and not wanting to drive on the left) I decided to contact some tour companies to see if they would take me. Just about all of the tour companies that I contacted via email told me a variation of “No, cannot do this because roads are too difficult to handle on this race day.” But then……. Enter Charles from Country and Coastal Touring. His email suddenly gave me hope! We corresponded via email multiple times (he was very responsive) and worked out “possibly” meeting my husband in three locations on the route. Please understand that 18,000 people start this race, so finding my husband would not be an easy task. Well, to make a long story short, I met up with my husband “5” times (2 extra) on the Comrades run (Thank you Charles!) and learned a great deal about South Africa from the wonderful conversations I had with Charles. It was truly a memorable day for me and I really think Charles of Country and Coastal Touring was a paramount reason for it being exceptional!

4  Thank jjjad128103012
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We had a 1 day safari&zolo tour.
We went to Tala reserve and to see the Zolo tribe. Shelfon was highly educated about the different animals and about the area in general. Great views, exciting experience. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Iriszar
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I arranged a trip with Shelldon to Hluhluwe Imfolozi Park. I had to pay an extra charge since I was a single rider on the trip, but it was clearly explained from the beginning and stated on the website and the company was keen on eventually waive the extra fee if somebody else would have joined.
Having said that, the luxury of being on a solo trip also paid off in the end, as I had a private tour guide and got to choose when and where to stop and where to go. We stayed in the park till it was literally about to close and Shelldon was relentless in animal tracking and spotting throughout the day.
Shelldon is very knowledgeable on both natural cultural aspects of the park, the history of Zululand and the culture of its people and the history of South Africa in general. I enjoyed talking to him and learned many things along the way. We spotted many animals in the park, 3 out of the Big 5 (no lions, nor leopard, but with a bonus Cheetah!), many giraffes, gnus, and nialas, even a crocodile and many more.
It was a glorious day!