“Good Indian Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Service is a bit slow and unprofessional but the food is excellent. A must for those that love good Indian food

1  Thank Suren P

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We have been dinning at Palki for a number of years and this is in my opinion the best authentic Indian cuisine in Durban. We have been to many Indian restaurants in Durban and none has offered the best value and taste when it comes to good Indian food. We have taken and recommended many family and friends and none have ever been disappointed. With a variety of both North and South Indian cuisine including a few Chinese dishes on the menu, one would not be left without something to excite the palate. From Vegetarian to Meat dishes, the food will undoubtedly make the tummy happy and the face smile. Though not the most cheapest in the area, but definitely not very expensive but excellent quality. With an authentic Indian ambiance and very personal service, you will feel right at home. Excellent for that casual date or a get together with the family, I recommend Palki to anyone with a passion for food and taste for excellence. For beer drinkers, try the Cobra beer, Indian brewed beer for the UK market. Veggies should have the Masala dosa, North&South Indian Thali and Meat eaters should not miss the Tandoori chicken, Butter chicken and the Naan breads are delicious.

2  Thank ADRajput
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I tell you, Durban has the best Indian food I've ever had. The flavors are amazing. We had 2 thalis and of course a side of paratha (so flaky!). The service was good the food was even better.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This restaurant I consider my 'local' when in Durban and has been a favourite of mine and friends since it first opened many years ago. It is our first choice for twosomes or when entertaining friends and also for special occasions. Authentic Indian cuisine which includes a wide range of tasty dishes for vegetarians includes massive and delicious dhosas and my favourite paneer dish, kebab style. There is also secure parking 'around the back' if required. In addition we have always found the service friendly and unobtrusive. For me, no trip to Durban is complete without a visit to 'Palki'.

1  Thank Safaria
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I recently took an international artist out to dine at Palki. The food was great, the vibe was intriguing and their offering of Indian beer was exciting.

Certainly worth checking out if you are into Indian cuisine. Durban, although well populated with people from the Indian ethnicity, there are not many good restaurants such as Palki.