All reviews florida road staff complement a great boutique hotel safe walking distance night life the location is perfect superior room business stay breakfast service comrades marathon fantastic stay rooms are comfortable reception area home away from home establishment stadium runners
Reviewed April 24, 2016

I was in Durban for a week on business, and Quarters was an ideal place to stay. The staff were very hospitable and friendly, willing to accommodate any requirements I had, and taking an interest in my trip. The breakfasts were delicious, and the terrace was a lovely place to have a drink in the evening.

A very calm and relaxed place, and I would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed January 5, 2016

This hotel is great had fab stay the STAFF go out of their way to assist you. there only flaw is lack of parking however the GM herself moved her car for us and made space and the flicking light outside the block of rooms I will definitely recommend this hotel and hopefully come back

Date of stay: December 2015
Reviewed December 13, 2015

I've stayed with this hotel group for years and always been impressed with their standards of service and comfort ..... Until checking in at 3.00pm on a Sunday afternoon and being told that the kitchen was closed and there was no possibility of a snack, a drink or even a cappuccino! The receptionist simply waved her hand and suggested I try one of the many restaurants located nearby!
Somewhat surprised, my hopes were raised when I saw a stark white enamel fridge standing in my room ... 'Aha - a mini-bar!' - Alas, it was totally empty!
Quarters is advertised as a 4 Star hotel and I would have thought that at the very least they would have had a skeleton catering staff complement on hand to provide some level of room service? I was told rather firmly that they could not even supply me with water or a cold drink - never mind a cold beer!
I am sad at the decline in standards - perhaps this led to the closure of their Avondale Road location - which had been my preferred establishment to the main Florida Road site.

Date of stay: December 2015
1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed October 13, 2015

Just stayed at this place for 4 nights. The place is clean and service is good with friendly staff willing to suggest places to eat, sightseeing destinations etc. Foo is not so good as the restaurant menu is very limited. This could be improved upon. Otherwise a great hotel.

Room tip: Corner room on first floor
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2015 via mobile

Wonderful hotel with exceptionally efficient and friendly staff! Great breakfast and a lovely bar. My only gripe: its situated on a very nousy road. Idid not sleep at all the first night so asked to be moved to another room. Also the restaurant was closed on a Sunday evening and we were not informed - no room service. Otherwise a great stay!!

Date of stay: August 2015