Quarters Hotel Florida Road
$50
  • Breakfast included
$133
  • Pool
The Concierge Boutique Bungalows(Durban)(Great Value!)
$81
$45
$41
  • Beachfront
$46
All reviewsflorida roadstaff complementsleigh bedgreat little boutique hotelsafe walking distancenight lifethe location is perfectroom was spaciousbusiness staybreakfast servicepoor serviceyogurtreception areapleasant staycbdestablishmentstadium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Chose this venue as it was a referral from another establishment that was fully booked. Venue is neat, colonial feel. Receptionist was awesome and friendly. Rooms were spacious and nice, however the floor was covered with twine/straw covering which did not allow one to walk in the room bare feet. Unpleasant to walk in the room barefoot. This was a big downer for me. Breakfast was well presented and serviced at a restaurant opposite the venue, shared with patrons not of this hotel.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I Was there for 5 nights and i had no major complaint. Rooms are big and comfortable,service is good, i got a very helpful receptionist when i arrived Who helped me out with a couple of small issues promptly and effectively .location is perfect for the night life and the hotel is Also in front of the tourism office, ideal to get yr escursions planned.if back in Durban i'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The hotel failed to impress me on my first visit and I will not be back,

There is confusion between this hotel and the Avondale one across the road. I went to the Avondale one first as that was recorded on my voucher. There I was met by a charming receptionist who directed me to Florida Road. There the receptionists made me feel that I had interrupted their conversation.

The room was pokey and smelly. I was too tired to argue so flopped down as soon as possible - normally I would have insisted on a better room. The mattrass was old and lumpy, the TV had no radio channels and limited DSTV channels, the aircon was noisy and had to be turned off, the street noise was quite loud and there was no view - wall of next door building. There were too many scatter cushions on the bed making the floor cluttered when chucked off.

On the plus side was the coffee and bathroom. Big bathroom, hot water, good pressure.

The breakfast was ok. They cannot do poached eggs without vinigar - so all the food had a vinigar flavour.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the outside - it is likely to be less pokey.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Rob N
Reviewed September 17, 2012

unless your planning a night out on Florida road, i don't recommend this hotel. I stayed on a Saturday night and it was like a racetrack outside with the main road, and then people walking home noisy drunk from the bars. I had a shower, only to get out and find no towels and had to ring reception dripping wet to bring me some. although if your having a night out in Durban this is a good place as its about 20 steps to 'cabana nightclub'.

Room Tip: ask for one away from road and upstairs
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We travelled to Durban for a weekend to attend a wedding. I found The Quaters on Trip Advisor and I wasn’t looking for anything over the top. Also, it is located in Florida road which is supposed to be the young and hip area of Durban. The hotel itself is quite pretty with a colonial flair.

The service is not anything to write home about; very bland and impersonal. The management were preoccupied with themselves in the office opposite the reception desk to even introduce themselves.

There was no orientation given and the porter showed us to the room, which was closed up tight and quite stuffy. I did not even know that there is a communal guest area at the reception area. It is also important to note that I did not see anyone from the hotel until we checked out on the Sunday except for the breakfast waiters. The room was also small, but the bed was amazing! Housekeeping was poor, they did not service our room on Friday at all. There was also no turndown, we returned late in the evening so I did not think to report it. We had to use wet towels that evening.

The value is average. If you want to spend more than one night at the hotel, I would not recommend it. They are NOT service orientated at all. On the Saturday, we received a note late in the afternoon that there will be a wedding happening in the restaurant and that we will not be able to dine there that evening. It was a bit late notice and we did invite our friends over to join us that evening; this is another example of the poor service.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms that face Florida Road, its noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple