All reviewscity hallan institutionwilson's wharflounge areadouble bedshort drivereception staffcomrades marathonushaka marine worldworkshoprevampvenue
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

The Royal Hotel is an institution in Durban with a long history of service to travellers. It was my first time staying there and I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the rooms and great service from staff. I had dinner and breakfast in the coffee shop. I was impressed by both the quality and the affordable prices. The staff were friendly and there was ample security which made me comfortable. This hotel is in the CBD but a short drive to the beaches.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Coastlands, Public Relations Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear mosesd780,

Thank you for staying at The Royal Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that we could provide you with the excellent service synonymous with this iconic hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all the comforts your room had to offer and the meals you enjoyed at our coffee shop.

I would like to take the time to thank you for commending our staff’s dedication to service excellence, I will pass your lovely compliment onto our team, they will be delighted to receive such positive feedback.

Thank you for your lovely commendation.

Here's wishing you a lovely week ahead and safe travels. We look forward to welcoming you back to another Royal stay in the near future.

Kind regards

Janine

Reviewed June 26, 2018

At the Royal Hotel you get more than your money worth. The staff are all friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and tidy. Spacious room and bathroom. Breakfast was scrumptious.. A home away from home.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Coastlands, Public Relations Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Dear dianeprinsloo,

Thank you for staying at The Royal Hotel, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We thoroughly enjoyed having you as our guest.

Thank you for your lovely review, we strive to create memorable experiences and your feedback helps us achieve this. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our breakfast dishes and the all the comforts your room had to offer.

Thank you for commending us for being a home away from home, our guests' comfort is our number one priority.

I would like to take the time to thank you for commending our staff's dedication to service excellence, I will pass your lovely compliment onto our team, they will be delighted to receive such positive feedback.

Here's wishing you a lovely week ahead and safe travels. We look forward to your next visit. –Janine

Reviewed June 25, 2018

This is a city centre hotel. The Royal used to be THE PREMIER hotel in Durban where only the rich and famous stayed. It seems to have downgraded a little but there is still the feel of luxury with richly paneled walls and quality carpets.

The rooms are of good quality and have everything you could need for a comfortable stay.

There is secure parking in the Royal parking garage which is attached to the hotel and access from the garage to the hotel can be by way of a sky-bridge on the third floor.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeAtty
Coastlands, Public Relations Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Dear MikeAtty,

Thank you for your lovely review, we strive to create memorable experiences and your feedback helps us achieve this. I am pleased to hear that we could provide you with a luxurious stay. Coastlands Hotels and Resorts recently acquired The Royal Hotel and we are hard at work restoring this iconic hotel to it's former grandeur, I am however pleased that you enjoyed the luxury of our paneling, the quality of our carpets and all the comforts your room had to offer.

-Janine

Reviewed June 24, 2018

Nice Charm Hotel with friendly staff & service orientated staff. Price is good and location good.

It has shower and bath, big rooms, fridge, ample storage space, just the heating system should be working too in winter.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Coastlands, Public Relations Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Dear 486gabriel,

Thank you for your lovely review, we strive to create memorable experiences and your feedback helps us achieve this. I am pleased to hear that we could provide you with a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed all the comforts your room had to offer.

–Janine

Reviewed June 14, 2018

An awesome place to stay in, with friendly staff. The parking however is very expensive, you should consider making it part of the package. The location however is very well placed as the area is quite.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple