All reviews adjacent building golden mile business lounge on arrival free wifi keep up the good work candidates venue safety
Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

It's true that what you see in one isn't what you get when you arrive.
Room 1007 (right after they changed me from 3 other rooms) isn't up to standard. Aircon had a smell of smoke, door didn't close properly, shower has no ventilation, bed makes noises, one has to fetch an iron all the way down from reception. Parking (which is an extra charge) is situated in the dodgy building next to the hotel. Be careful when you walk about, it's not safe.
The only highlight about the place is their breakfast and that it's near the beach.
This 'hotel' is overpriced!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sibahle
Colin M, General Manager at Gooderson Tropicana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2018

Dear Sibahle,

We apologise for the horrible experience.
Thank you for bringing this under our attention I will make sure that we action all your points.
We've already partnered with U.I.P to ensure the safety of our guest.

Thank you for the positive review on our breakfast.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 17, 2017

Bathroom not up to standerd. Taps broken, shower not working, bathtub dirty, broken tiles. And what is disappointing is that the pictures on the web looks better than the real life.

In good light - The breakfast was very nice. The service was very good and the staff was very friendly. Really nice

Other than that it is an "okay" place would I say. I would pay the price that they are asking for some place better. For 'this' place I wouldn't pay that much.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Colin M, General Manager at Gooderson Tropicana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2018

Dear Tharien D

Thank you for your review a real pity that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your positive feed back on our breakfast and staff friendliness.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed September 27, 2017

Previously, on several occasions, and recently (for five continuous days) my business has chosen The Gooderson Tropicana Hotel, to conduct training for small, medium sized and quite large groups of corporate candidates from near and far afield. Every time, we have been delighted with our choice. The staff, in particular PA to the MD - Megan Warman and the wonderful banqueting and catering teams have excelled. On arrival at the venue there is always a willing individual waiting to help me up with my training resources. The rooms are appropriately set up with hot beverages and refreshments. Free parking is made available in the adjacent building for those who wish to use it. The rooms are spacious, providing sufficient breakaway space and good, quick wi-fi connectivity for all delegates. Lunch is deliciously prepared by the well trained cheffing team, with ample choice of various dishes to suit all palettes and preferences. The dessert table is a sheer spoil. The training rooms are safe, quiet, well lit with effective air conditioning. If anything is not quite 100%, it is attended to immediately that this is brought to the hotels attention. For example, I happened to mention that there was a "nuisance illegitimate car guard" in the area, and it has already been reported to the city UIP to deal with. This hotel is definitely our choice of venues for our Corporate training. Keep up the good work, Gooderson Tropicana Hotel.

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed July 23, 2017

all in order, warm friendly staff. No issues encountered. Will be back and will let friends and family know. Right on the doorstep to the beautiful durban beaches. On durbans golden mile close to all amenities

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed May 23, 2017

To all the management, staff, cleaners and everyone else involved at the Tropicana hotel, well done. In all my years of attending the Indaba, I have always only stayed at the Tropicana Hotel. Service is excellent, rooms airy and clean. As for the buffet breakfast and dinner, nothing else beats it. To Jude the assistant General manager, a very big thank you for always smiling, remembering a person and running the hotel to perfection. Regards Cheryl Pinter. Mzanzi Travel

Room tip: Sea Facing, simply the best, and not noisy. Stunning views
Date of stay: May 2017
2  Thank Cheryl P
Management response:Responded May 24, 2017

Greetings Cheryl,

Thank you most sincerely for posting such a favourable review on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled that you, once again, had an enjoyable stay with us. It was a pleasure having you here with us over Indaba and we are glad that you are part of the Gooderson Tropicana Family, we Value your support.

I will most definitely convey your kind words onto the team.

Keep well and we are all looking forward to seeing you back at the Tropicana again soon.

Kind Regards