All reviewsblue dolphinsea viewgolden milesuncoast casinomoses mabhida stadiumbuffet breakfasttv channelsdurban beachfrontindian oceanrooms are spaciousmarine paradepromenadeconferenceporter
Reviewed January 8, 2017

We have stayed at the Elan Geni and Maharani before but this time we found them a bit pricy so we decided to try the Blue Waters Hotel and were very happy with that. We got a large room with a little balcony facing the beachfront. Great views! A very clean and nice room with comfortable beds. Breakfast was good and the location is great. We will return!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
BlueW, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Waters Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2017

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and the amazing views we have to offer. As service professionals in the hospitality industry we continually strive to offer good service and meet our guest expectations. We are looking for forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Yours in Hospitality, Lindie Lotriet, Guest Services Manager

Reviewed January 5, 2017

The check in was friendly and quick, but as I arrived to the room there was some weird smell. As I reported promptly the staff tried to corrected. Thought the smell, the room looked clean and the beds were reasonably comfortable. I had the family room which was spacious for the 4 of us.

The hotel was under renovation and hence the pool was not available, also because of that we had to go into a strange path for the parking lot. The space for the car was small and the garage is short in height, be careful with your car!

Other thing I didn´t appreciated was the fact that maintenance works started at 8am even during the weekend!!! The wifi was complex to use and not very fast even in public areas.

The breakfast is ok but needs work to make it more simple. The last day with two rooms working and it seemed some had different things that shouldn't happen.

The hotel is well located, near the beaches, but for the price I was expecting a lot better!

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
BlueW, assistant guest services manager at Blue Waters Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2017

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. As service professionals in the hospitality industry we continually strive to offer good service and meet our guest expectations. We do apologise about the discomfort cause during your stay and I am definitely going to take this up with the relevant parties to resolve this situation as this is not the service level we uphold at the hotel, I can definitely assure you that this will not occur again. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Yours in Hospitality, Jamie Lea Walker, Assistant Guest Services Manager.

Reviewed January 3, 2017

we were in Durban for a family holiday. Firstly we arrived early morning and we could not get early check in but had to sleep at the lounge for half the day. The internet in the rooms was really bad.

The kids loved the breakfast and also the pizzas we orders from the bar

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. Reception strive to assist guests as much as possible with early arrival requests, however this is not always possible. Our check in time is 14h00 and with full occupancy early check ins are difficult. We do have ample Wi-Fi in our public areas with passwords obtainable from Reception. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the full English breakfast and the pizzas from our Blue Dolphin Bar. We look forward to your return in the near future. Yours in Hospitality, Lindie Lotriet, Guest Services Manager

Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

Was charged extra per night for extra bed but never got it. Then checkin lady chrged my card for 7 nights instead of 3 as per confirmed booking, and when I pointed the error out, was told that I would be refunded on checkout. Checked out 23/12/2016 and still no refund, even after going back to the hotel on 3 occasions afterwards and being promised by Zanele and Shanelle Mahaden that they would personally see to it that the refund would be done.
Sad to see that the level of service has deteriorated so much. I have been going there for a few years now and will definitely not be going back.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank Calhan
BlueW, Guest Services Liaison. at Blue Waters Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

Dear Valued Guest. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. We are disappointed to hear that you experienced difficulties during your stay. We can assure you this is not the level of service we are proud to offer. The matters mentioned have been taken up with the relevant departments to investigate and also reprimand staff concerned. The hotel will contact you directly to address this matter,Yours in Hospitality, Kirsten Anthony, Guest Services Liaison.

Reviewed December 29, 2016 via mobile

This is the worse hotel i've ever stayed at. at check in I asked for the minibar to be open as I drink a juice in the morning.
As i woke up i found out the minibar was empty so I called reception and asked them to fill it as i went out for a while.
I came back the minibar was still empty so I called room service and asked for 3 bottles of water which they never brought. I phoned again later and the phone at the room stoped working so couldn't speak to anyone.
The internet is non existent pretty much.
I would recomend to stay well away from this place.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest. Thank you for taking to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. We do not provide minibars in our rooms, it is a bar fridge with no items prior to arrival. There is however juice available at our breakfast buffet daily. Extra items can be ordered from our room service department however the items cannot be placed in the fridge without consent or payment thereof. Yours in Hospitality, Lindie Lotriet, Guest Services Manager