My husband and I stayed at the Durban Hilton for 6 nights and had a great time. The hotel is in the CBD and so there isn't much around the hotel to do in the evenings, however during the day it offers easy access on foot to the major sights of Durban City Centre. My husband has diamond VIP status so we were upgraded to an executive room on the 13th floor, we also had use of the excellent executive lounge on the 14th floor. The lounge has a complimentary bar and snacks. The staff in the lounge were fantastic, arranging various trips, restaurant bookings etc. the view from the balcony is amazing. Try the hotel's own restaurant, the Rainbow Terrace, we went for the buffet option and had a huge choice of curries, pasta, fish etc. The dessert buffet was particularly good. Total cost around £15 a head with wine. The rooms are beautifully appointed and although a little small by South African standards are no smaller than any of the London Hiltons we have stayed in. We would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to stay there again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Durban is an iconic landmark hotel offering superior accommodations in a supreme location near the Durban International Convention Center. All rooms offer panoramic views of the city or the Natal coastline, with easy access to Durban's beaches and central business district, perfect for meetings or events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Durban reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Durban Hotel Durban
- Hilton International Durban