Hilton Durban
$114
$44
  • Beachfront
1,615 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebusiness loungeconvention centerroom servicefive star hotelattending a conferenceexcellent servicebusiness tripcomrades marathonreception areaenjoyed my staysouth africaiccrainbowdoormaninternetsecurity
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We recently stayed for 4 nights in this hotel with my family. Although the rooms were spacious and clean and the breakfast was delicious the service was way below standard for a Hilton hotel. It took forever for them to open the minibar (where a bottle of Evian water had a price tag of 65 Rands- careful when getting something out of the minibar)- actually they did not come the first night we called them, only the second one. Same story when asking for towels. We got back to the hotel after spending a say at the beach and looking forward to a nice shower to remove the sand and salt and we ended up having to wait for more than 90 minutes to get our towels! There is also no free internet in the room you can only get a code than you can use in the public areas of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia G
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy with the overall service received. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience and I have also addressed the Executive Housekeeper regarding the turn around time as this is certainly not the norm and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this caused.

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night on business trip. As a diamond hhonors member got upgraded to a slightly larger king room.

Hotel lobby is very new, clean, bright. Welcoming. Checking process on 14th floor was great. Staff were courteous.

However, the rooms are old! I last stayed here 7 years ago and can see they have done no upgrades. There is a tiny floor lamp and 3 halogen 'desk' lamp to do all the lighting in room. Abit depressing. Bathroom is full marble but again very old. At 1700 rands a night it is not exactly cheap.

The bed was firm, so I had a good nights sleep. May look for other options while in Durban in future.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Nelson204

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Diamond HHonors member, you are among our most valued guests. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy with the condition of our rooms and would like to happily inform you now that we have completed our lobby and entrance (phase 1), Phase 2 will be the upgrade of our rooms including Executive Lounge and are very excited about this.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I am a Hilton Honours member and stay at this hotel at least 8 times a year. This week I was there again….nice lobby upgrade….in exchange for no more complimentary water in the rooms ??? As a result I am "forced" to buy the 500ml Evian in the bar fridge (not my favorite tasting water anyway) at…….wait for it……R65.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!…..I wonder if providing complimentary water in the rooms will make any difference to the Hilton's family's fortunes….not on Hilton…..NOT ON !!!

I also opted for a smoking room this time…...not one ashtray in sight….????…..another cost cutting initiative perhaps ???

I will look to stay somewhere else from now on….

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a HHonors member, you are among our most valued guests. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed 12 days in April 2014. In process of completing renovations to lobby area but nonetheless excellent hotel with very good facilities and caring staff. Felt like we came home every night. Breakfast buffet was a good range and catered for ethnic as well as international taste. Local Indian fare on the menu each morning as well. Excellent value for money in a secure and well located hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the Hilton Durban facilities and staff excellent and the breakfast buffet to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

So the past weekend I had a booking at The Hilton in Durban. At the check in process was I told i have to wait for about an hour for my room as it was not ready yet so after 2 hours I had to ask if the room was ready which they said yes so who knows how long I would have sat there if I didn’t ask.
The room was clean and we had everything at hand.
The location and security at the hotel was good
The breakfast was really nice
The friendliness of the staff was out of this world.
In total I can say we had a great stay and we will definitely be back

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban and for taking the time to send in your review. It is always good to receive constructive feedback to ensure it is used to improve our guest's experience.

Thank you again for your great comments regarding our rooms, location, service and staff and will surely pass this onto to the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Durban soon.