“Excellent stay”
Review of Hilton Durban

Hilton Durban
Ranked #3 of 43 Hotels in Durban
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed 12 days in April 2014. In process of completing renovations to lobby area but nonetheless excellent hotel with very good facilities and caring staff. Felt like we came home every night. Breakfast buffet was a good range and catered for ethnic as well as international taste. Local Indian fare on the menu each morning as well. Excellent value for money in a secure and well located hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the Hilton Durban facilities and staff excellent and the breakfast buffet to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Durban

Reviewed May 4, 2014

So the past weekend I had a booking at The Hilton in Durban. At the check in process was I told i have to wait for about an hour for my room as it was not ready yet so after 2 hours I had to ask if the room was ready which they said yes so who knows how long I would have sat there if I didn’t ask.
The room was clean and we had everything at hand.
The location and security at the hotel was good
The breakfast was really nice
The friendliness of the staff was out of this world.
In total I can say we had a great stay and we will definitely be back

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban and for taking the time to send in your review. It is always good to receive constructive feedback to ensure it is used to improve our guest's experience.

Thank you again for your great comments regarding our rooms, location, service and staff and will surely pass this onto to the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Durban soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Definitely loved our stay. Great room overlooking the North Coast Beach. Sunrise was amazing! Clean rooms and fresh white linens.

Great overall client service and the room service. Also loved the fact that the room was equipped with an iron and iron board. Absolutely recommends this to everyone and can't wait for my return.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found our rooms and service to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Yes the lobby was undergoing renovations, but we were advised of this when we booked. They were completed on our last day and looked great. I found all the staff helpful and courteous all of the time. I think the rooms were very good, but they may be are due for a revamp. Room service was a bit slow, I think they actually may need a few more staff. Although not close to the beach it was very central and had lots of secure parking. And yes I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank David-JW1

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete review. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that we have in fact completed phase 1 on our hotel rejuvenation (Lobby and Hotel Entrance) and phase 2 will be the upgrade of our rooms, so very excited.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Durban in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed three , refurbising underway , wil be nice when finished but inconvenient . The staff were very understanding and helpful . The location is ok . The room was ok but tired . The breakfast was good , wait before going .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank wei Z
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. I would like to happily inform you that we have completed the hotel lobby rejuvenation and its looks beautiful and you will be excited to know that phase 2 will be the upgrade of our rooms.

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

This is probably the hotel that I've stayed at the most when I'm in Durban. The standard is always consistent and the staff are always friendly. Look out for the door man with his extravagant jacket full of badges :)

The hotel is currently going through a refurb and I really do hope that it will keep this hotel current.

I know it's a 5 star but somehow it feels like it is slightly under 5 at this stage.

All the best to the team and management on the new look.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the service standard and friendly staff to your liking. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we have complated the renovation of our Port Cochere and Hotel Lobby and it looks FANTASTIC!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed here from the 18th to the 21 April 2014. The location of the Hotel does not make it ideal for leisure. The renovations in the lobby were also unwelcome during this peak period. We also had a problem with getting towels in the evening and after 5 phone calls we finally received them. That was after we already used hand towels to wipe ourselves dry. The room furniture desperately needs upgrade and mostly the bathrooms. The bathroom taps were falling off and loose in our room. The buffet breakfast could also do with a revamp as it is certainly not 5 star. Overall i would love to see what the total upgrade proves to be.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room. Level 4 is usually the best
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anup M
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with conditions around our lobby rejuvenation, condition of room and housekeeping replenshing towels and apologise for the inconvienance this caused and have addressed the Executive Housekeeper. I would like to happily inform you that we are in the final 2 weeks of our project and phase 2 will be the upgrade of our rooms. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. We'd love to have you as our guest to ensure you have the best travel experience.