“Nice Hotel”
Review of Hilton Durban

Hilton Durban
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Durban
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Friendly staff and extermelly helpful. We had an early start and they organised a breakfast pack for us with no problems.The hotel was very clean & in a decent location. The outdoor pool was good and the whole experience good. It's about 4 blocks back from the beach and in a pretty quiet location. Would return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban and sending in your review. I greatly appreciate any comments made by you as it is always good to receive constructive feedback as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality of service.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I experienced extremely friendly service. Food wasnt great but the staff were friendly and helpful.....they are busy renovating so the lobby is abit confusing. Parking bays are good. The rooms were cleaned early!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban and for taking the time to complete your review.

Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise that the quality of food did not meet your expectations and have passed this onto our Executive Chef and also will share your great comments with the entire team regarding the helpfulness and friendliness of our staff.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Suprise visit to my room it was due to the knowlwdge that the room was not vacant. Either way have some sort of illuminating light to indicate that the room is vacant or always knocking at the door to check whether is someone occupying the room. Facilities of the hotel need to be clearly defined on arrival. Events in Durban during the stay will assist in knowing what is happening around.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban and for taking the time to send in your review. I greatly appreciate any comments made by you as it is always good to receive constructive feedback. I have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper and our Front Office Manager and would like to thank you again for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

stayed in may Hilton hotels.hilton Durban is fair .the rooms seem to need a refurbishment.breakfast was good all else was goos the rooms jus don't live up to Hilton expectations.better hotels on the beachfront to stay at .

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete your TripAdvisor review. I do sincerely apologise that your stay did not exceed your expectations however would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we have begun our long awaited refurbishment starting with Phase 1 of our hotel entrance and lobby and phase 2 our rooms which I am very excited to see.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Durban soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed in room 1222, last night.

The website clearly states a major lobby refurb is under way, and I have no issue with this, as prices seem to have come down, a little.

My room was v poor. The air con, barely worked, and the shower had no cold water, so, it was scalding hot, making use impossible.

Check-out, no one asked how was my stay .. so at the end I told them .. no one said sorry, they just mumbed they would tell house keeping.

I wont be staying here again.

Room Tip: Sea view, or view of crkt stadium best.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete your review. I greatly appreciate any comments made by you as it is always good to receive constructive feedback as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality of service.

Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. I have noted your comments and have addressed this with the Executive Housekeeper, Chief Engineer and the Front Office Manager. Thank you for bringing this to my attention – it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Spent ten days here all the staff are very attentive had no issues at all and the Exec loung was a joy to use with great staff. Nothing was to much trouble and the location is ideal as the beach is a short walk away and the local bus service ( the bus stop is located next door at the ICC)h is cheap and regular and has no security issues.

Room Tip: High floor with even numbers for best views of sea.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Durban and for taking the time to send in your review. I greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality service.

It is always good to receive constructive customer feedback and I thank you for that.

I place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Durban in the near future.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had a great experience and enjoyed myself i was with my friend and we had a great time front office welcomed me well on my check in and house keeping kept my room smelling and looking good thanks to the food and beverage team i had a lovely breakfast and in room dining experience of a life time will surely invite my friends and family to stay at hilton durban

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank Nomagugu Cynthi... G

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for that amazing review. We are happy to hear that we were able to create a home away from home experience for you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Durban soon.