I couild swear there is new mean cost-saving managemrnt as I sit on my bed writing this note I have observed these changes since I was last at this ex-awesome hotel:
1. No Mini-bar aymore: the guy who came to stock up told me at length the theft that made management make this decision - fine---common in SA
2. No gowns & slippers in the wardrobe anymore- I did not bother to ask why but housekeeping came(2x mind you with the last knock at now at 21h15)
3. Room Service,which I always look forward to the efficiency thereof,"miscommunicated" and my order was never placed - this after I call to find out after an hour of starvation. Profuse apologies tendered and meal deivered on the house but this is not much of a point for me
4. The phone rings forever now- there must be one switchboard/room service person dealing with all of us
I check-out tomorrow morning hoping there won't be anymore glitches.
I am going back to the other the other Durban hotels I had moved to before deciding to come visit here again.
The Hilton Durban - do pull up your socks for your own survival - this si an international brand for goodness's sake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Durban is an iconic landmark hotel offering superior accommodations in a supreme location near the Durban International Convention Center. All rooms offer panoramic views of the city or the Natal coastline, with easy access to Durban's beaches and central business district, perfect for meetings or events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Durban reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Durban Hotel Durban
- Hilton International Durban