Hilton Durban
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
1,615 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebusiness loungeconvention centerroom servicefive star hotelattending a conferenceexcellent servicebusiness tripcomrades marathonreception areaenjoyed my staysouth africaiccrainbowdoormaninternetsecurity
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My brother and sister in law came over from Scotland and took me from Port Elizabeth for a 2 night stay at the Hilton and to see Andre Rieu at the ICC.
The hotel we beautiful, staff very friendly and helpful and the buffet breakfasts were, out of this world.
Although not in the best part of Durban it was an absolute pleasure to stay there, and, of course, be in safe walking distance to the ICC.
Of course the highlight was Andre and his Johann Strauss Orchestra!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank elaine1PortElizabeth
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Elaine1, thank you for taking the time to post a response on Tripadvisor.

It’s lovely to hear that whilst you were at the hotel to enjoy the Andrea Rieu concert, you have a lovely stay. Thank you once again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The only positive feature of this hotel is the location if you are attending an exhibition at ICC.
Hotel is getting old, rooms are well equipped but are not at same standard as other Hilton hotels I visited internationally.
Try to avoid taking a lift during rush morning hours, lifts are slow and I had to wait ten minutes to get to lobby.
Outdoor swimming pool is small and no attendant around, same for the gym which is well equipped but no oneto attend in case of need.
Wifi is not free and expensive!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Xiamen, Thank you for your comments.

I am sorry that we were unable to meet all your expectations. It’s unfortunate that you missed the instructor at our gym, as the gym is 24 hours and there is an instructor at the gym during peak hours.

Next time you visit at our hotel, please do ask for me at check in so I can ensure that all your requirements are met . Thank you once again for your comments.

journey Ambassador

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I love this hotel. The exec lounge is fantastic and the staff are so friendly! Its location is ok, not at the beach but you have some great views. Being able to sit outside and look over Durban with the morning sun and enjoy a great breakfast is a pleasure. I stay here often and will continue to do so. I would recommend anyone to do so.

The bar down the stairs is nice to sit out at and good for smokers. Barman is super friendly and helpful. It seems like an 80's disco and it has a small dancefloor.... which makes me smile. Hotel is attached to convention centre which is handy for events. Wifi is good and free for HH members. Rooms are very clean and nice and the food is great and reasonably priced.

I will be back! Miss you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Worldwide TravellerRo, Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us, It’s so great receiving such fantastic feedback and your review has been shared with the team.

On your next stay at Hilton Durban, please ask for me at check in, as I would like to meet with you to ensure all your requirements are met.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We booked this hotel for our honneymoon. Although we choose not to book the honneymoon suite (we booked a standard room but mentioned "honneymoon" on our reservation) I expected some small extra. We did not receive anything.
Apart from this small disappointment our stay was very nice. Classic hotel, nice terrace at the restaurant and one of the chef's at the breakfast buffet can cook incredable omelets! If you let him decide what to put in your omelet, you see him creating very creative and delicious omelets!

The hotel is located in the center of Durban and within walking distance you can visit the mall, a very nice market, the beach and Ushaka marine.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Zoe D, thank you for taking the time to write to us. I am sorry on behalf of the team that we missed an opportunity of congratulating you on your wedding.

I am glad you were able to enjoy the remainder of your holiday and especially the omelette’s.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed here for three nights on business and was very impressed by the size of this property, the lobby was large and airy which was a contrast to other Hilton hotel's I've stayed at.
The staff at the hotel were very helpful and welcoming, much better than other South African hotel's I've stayed at in Jo'Burg.
My room was very large and had enough space to have a work area, relaxing area and of course a king bed. I was given a room that overlooked the cricket stadium and in the distance you could see the soccer stadium also. I was very impressed by the quality of the room service and was quite possibly the best I've had while on business.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kmalho

Kmalho, thank you for your lovely comments. It’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Yes the rooms are large with a desk where you can work from, and there is great views of the City or the Indian Ocean. Thank you once again and your comments, and it will be shared with the team.