2,548 results
All reviews ocean breeze tsogo sun pool deck indian ocean in room dining golden mile room service durban beachfront sea facing family room rooms are spacious pleasant stay enjoyed my stay south africa home away from home vigour verve
Reviewed March 3, 2015

We stayed at SS Elangeni for my son's birthday and booked 2 nights to enjoy Durban's beachfront. Before my arrival, I emailed the hotel and requested something special to be done for my son's birthday. Carol responded and she went out of her way to assist. He had a birthday cake, sweets, chocolates, cupcakes and juices in the room. Needless to say he was absolutely thrilled.
We stayed on the 12 floor and even though it was so busy with the Metro FM people staying at the same hotel, check in was quick and easy. The room was spotless (could do with a bigger tv though), beds were comfortable and the view from the room breathtaking. Breakfast was wonderful. A huge selection of hot / cold dishes, fruit and the most delicious pastries ever...there goes my 2015 resolution of dropping a few k's...lol.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will be back!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Durban21
Samantha C, General Manager at Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It really is great to hear that your son had a memorable birthday in Durban - even if this set your new year's resolution back temporarily.

We look forward to you and your family sharing many more birthdays with us.

Reviewed March 1, 2015

I not happy with the room or service that Tsogo sun was delivering this weekend. For I paid for a non smoking room, and got a neighbour that was smoking so much that my room smell like an ashtray. Even after complain to manager I was just given a "We are sorry about it".

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the guest smoking in the room adjacent to yours. We will most certainly review the manner in which our Duty Managers handle these matters, as this should have been addressed with the Guest concerned.

Reviewed March 1, 2015

Do not leave your belongings in the room because I had my cell phone stolen by the cleaner. They are busy with investigations and i hope that I will be reimbursed for my loss. I was enjoying my stay but this incident has put a damper on my stay.

Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the loss of your mobile phone. I am aware that our security manager and housekeeper have been in contact with you regarding the resolution of the incident.

Each bedroom is equipped with a safe, which we encourage our Guests to make use of in order to secure their personal belongings.

Reviewed March 1, 2015

excellent location near beach and other recreation facility's, exceptional service and value for money. Clean and fresh rooms and friendly staff to assist you with your needs. Best hotel in Durban....

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank tir001

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted that you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back when you next travel to Durban.

Reviewed February 27, 2015

It is a great hotel but they have a significant weakness in that first line contact personnel are often clueless. We made use of the hotel before and after a boat cruise. On booking in the first time the person did not mention that we could not charge anything against the room which a manager eventually sorted out. On coming back, it was almost impossible for the person to check if a room was ready. Once more a manager stepped in and saved the day. The buffet and breakfast was good. A lift to the parking level is also a serious need. The communication about that was not too clear. There is also a constant lack of parking in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service experienced upon arrival at the front desk. Your feedback has been forwarded onto the front desk manager, in order that he address this with the relevant satff members.

We have reviewed the possibility of installing a lift from the lobby to the parking area, which does form part of our future plans.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next travel to Durban.