Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani
$80
$90
$84
2,320 results
All reviewsocean breezetsogo sunpool deckindian oceangolden mileroom servicedurban beachfrontsea facingexcellent servicefamily roomrooms are spaciousenjoyed my staypleasant stayvigourvervedarumasamantha
Reviewed March 4, 2012

It seems like a good hotel. Perfect location, friendly personell but when er something is wrong, they blame a company who they outsourced the service! They don't take care of their guests!

For example intenet not working. (when it "works" it very slow and not available on your room) you have to call an other company with your problem! No! I stay in the hotel! The hotel has to deal with it!

Laudry, I gave a bag, you get other peoples shirts back! You miss your own clothes, the problem is by the laundry company! Not the fault of the hotel! No! I gave my laudry to an employee of the hotel! They have to deal with it! I want my clothes back! No sir! When we find them, we will send them to the Netherlands! SURE!

This is the southern sun policy! Be aware! I will put this on many as websites for european travelling organisations! Be aware!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank dutchpeterr
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This is my favourite hangout spot when I am in Durban, its very central and within pouncing range of the airport and downtown Durban. The hotel has that old classy feel and is currently going through some renovations; the displayed pics suggest that it will be an amazing place to hang in towards the end of the year. The breakfast options require you to set your meetings a little later so that you can enjoy. The inhouse restuarant is a wonder, great food and relaxed environment. As for the bar, you can lose yourself in the place, its popular with after work crowds.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2012

A friend a me stayed at the Elangeni for 4 nights in February 2012. What a wonderfull time we had. From the minute we walked in we were greeted with friendly faces and like that it was our whole stay. The view from the 18th floor was spectacular, the room service even greater. The rooms are beautifully furnished and spacious enough. Thank you Southern Sun Elangeni for a holiday to remember.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Handré V
Reviewed February 27, 2012

OK hotel served my needs admirably, The hotel is a little jaded by todays standards. The breakfast was very good with an extensive range for all tastes.

I stayed here in February 2008.

One tip stay off the beach at night it can be a dangerous place for muggings

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Vitality members always get a raw deal when checking in.We are always given the worst rooms with no or partial sea views.It is very frustrating!Not happy at all.Especially if u book over a peak period,even if u book very well in advance!Just because we get a discount does not mean we should be sidelined!My family is truly fed up !!Please review your policy.

Room Tip: Do not be a vitality member.You get the worst rooms with no views.Only back and side view rooms is what will be available.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family