Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani
$107
$79
$49
  • Breakfast included
The Concierge Boutique Bungalows(Durban)(Great Value!)
$90
  • Beachfront
$146
Orbitz.com
2,276 results
All reviewsocean breezetsogo sunpool deckindian oceangolden mileroom servicedurban beachfrontsea facingexcellent servicefamily roomrooms are spaciousenjoyed my staypleasant stayvigourvervedarumasamantha
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Vitality members always get a raw deal when checking in.We are always given the worst rooms with no or partial sea views.It is very frustrating!Not happy at all.Especially if u book over a peak period,even if u book very well in advance!Just because we get a discount does not mean we should be sidelined!My family is truly fed up !!Please review your policy.

Room Tip: Do not be a vitality member.You get the worst rooms with no views.Only back and side view rooms is what will be available.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Shereen M
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Went to Elangeni over the holidays and I felt as if I was in a Bollywood movie. Rooms are fine but a bit dated. Pool area looks good. Lobby area was constantly full with patrons and teenagers seem to really enjoy the social life. This is a close to aBollywood movie in South Africa that you ever likely to experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I've been to several hotels in the past. Even though this is an old hotel, the service we received from them is amazing! The employees really go the extra mile to make you comfortable. They are currently upgrading the hotel and during the day, you can hear workers somewhere in the hotel, but at night it is quiet and tranquil. I really would love to visit the hotel again and even more so after the upgrade is done. Well done!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KevinOpperman
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Had a very relaxed weekend at Elangeni from beach walks in the morning and watching the sunset form the balcony. The staff are very friendly and the service excellent. My partner and I were celebrating our anniversary and it was our second stay at Elangeni.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bongiEastLondon
Reviewed February 8, 2012

The first time I stayed in Elangeni was in the early80's and was impressed with the level of detail and hospitality. I am pleased to say that in 2012 , they have lost none of that touch. My room was on he 17th floor and I woke up to the beautiful sights of the Durban beach front. Simply beautiful. The hotel foyer serves some of the best coffee . I also sampled the curries from their Indian restaurant and had the best tandoori lamb. The atmosphere is cosy for such a large hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites on higher floors quiet and comfy
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business