“Good Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Food is good, but the staff need to be more hospitable. Tandoori Chicken is a must try. But, I would like to see more smiles there .

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My first choice Indian restaurant in Durban. Divine basket of breads. Extensive menu. Tandoori dishes would be my recommendation. Service is good. I now cook their jeera rice at home.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were looking for an Indian Meal, we had been recommended one restaurant but forgot the name. Google'd some reviews for Durban Indian Restaurants and the Jewel of India came up recommended.

The Restaurant is located in the Southern Sun Hotel on the beach front, on arrival to the hotel we found the restaurant which looked OK although pretty empty for a Friday night (about 4 tables in use).

Even so we found table service a struggle some times, the menu is OK but nothing special. The food provided was OK, it was not served with any particular style and we always had to chase for drinks.

It is a serviceable restaurant but it is nothing special and we were disappointed.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Good Indian food and lots to choose from. Well presented. My guests were most impressed. I was able to give them a good indian dining experiance.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had dinner at the Jewel of India restaurant located within the hotel and felt lucky to get a table as there was a local Indian birthday celebration at the restaurant that evening. An Indian restaurant full of local well dressed Indians is always a good sign and this proved to be the case here as well. Not cheap but very good service and food.