“AMAZING - Hluhluwe Imfolozi & St Lucia”
Review of Zulu Safaris

Zulu Safaris
Book In Advance
More Info
$240.50*
and up
Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve Day Tour from...
More attraction details
Owner description: Zulu Safaris is a tour operation based in Durban South Africa. We specialize in Daily & Overnight tours in KwaZulu Natal and South Africa. Our involvement in the Tourism Industry started from 1989. Our main services include Tours and Transfers. Our offices are located at the uShaka Marine World and at the Tropicana hotel. Our tours which range from daily to overnight, highlight the cultural and natural attractions of KwaZulu Natal and the rest of South Africa.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We used 1st Zulu Safaris for a day safari and river trip - starting out at 06:30 and returning at 21:30. What an amazing day - Sotiris Spetsiotis (the owner) was our guide and we saw Elephants, Rhinos, Buffalos, Wildebeast, Impalas, Zebras, Monkeys to name just a few and there were many, many more that we did see. On the river we saw Hippos & Crocodiles - wow!! What a fabulous time in a great vehicle with a brilliant guide who made sure we saw everything up close and personal! Definitely a must if you come to the area - price is very competitive too which is just an added bonus. Thanks Sotiris - you are amazing!

1st_Zulu_Safaris_SA, Manager at Zulu Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with 1st Zulu Safaris. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your tour.

All reviews
"winding road"
"dropped off"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I used 1 Zulu Safaris for two trips, the first being the Hluhluwe Imfolozi overnight safari. This was fantastic, it was very well organised and very easy as we were picked up and dropped off where we staying. We had a lovely day on the St Lucia boat ride seeing various birds, reptiles and hippo then had an exciting night game drive at Hilltop where we were lucky enough to see elephants very close to and lions. The overnight accommodation at Hilltop was nice but fairly basic. The second day was also great spending 6 hours on a morning game drive then driving on to the Wild Cat Sanctuary. The sanctuary was the highlight being able to stroke cheetahs was definitely a once in a lifetime experience.

I then used 1st Zulu Safaris again for the mini safari - again very well organised and easy. Sortiris was very flexible and we were able to extend our game drive while searching for lions/leopards. Fantastic up close encounter with elephants.

All the staff were very friendly and knew the answers to most questions as well as sharing interesting information all through the safaris. I had Sortiris for both safaris who was fantastic and knew all the right areas for seeing the big 5. Would definately use them again!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I used 1st Zulu safaris for a mini safari which took us to the valley of 1000 hills, seeing the lion park, bird of prey sanctuary, reptile park and nature reserves. The tour itself is beautiful and I would recommend the experience to anyone, the staff are very friendly and have answers to most questions, but if lots of facts are not your thing, they do not bombard you with them.

After using this compamy for a mini safari I then decided to use them again for a longer safari to Hluhluwe, an overnight one. The guides can taylor the trips slightly to make the most out of your safari, and mine was one of the most amazing experiences. They arrange everything for you, the accomodation and food, letting you know everything you need, and also pick you up from where you are staying.

For my Safaris I had Sotiris who has so much information about the different areas, and about where the animals are to see them. This company is brilliant to use if you want the best chance of seeing the big 5, and if I went back to South Africa I would definitly use them again

1  Thank EmmaPopovic

Reviewed January 11, 2013

1st Zulu Safaris Tours it a must company to travel with .I had been to Hluhluwe and Sani Pass-Lesotho with this company,Sotiris the owner is an amazing Guide.his funny and his knowledge of the final destination and sharing intersting information and his experience along the journey,so if you looking for the company to travel with 1st Zulu Safaris is the one for you.take a trip for your life time.

1st_Zulu_Safaris_SA, Manager at Zulu Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2016

Dear Mvelo

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with 1st Zulu Safaris. Your kind words are very much appreciated. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your tour and that our team treated you well.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I recently went on an awesome day trip with 1st Zulu Safaris to Sani Pass/Lesotho. Sotiris, my guide was the best guide ever. He was very knowledgeable and informative about South Africa, the people, culture, etc. He was hilarious and fun and made my tour so enjoyable. Sotiris also helped me arrange a flight to Johannesburg and a hotel that very night of my tour at the last minute. He went above and beyond to make sure I was on time for my flight and that I had a place to stay once there and transportation to the hotel. He was so accommodating, friendly and genuinely nice. This was by far one of the best tours I have been on and by far with the best tour guide.

1st_Zulu_Safaris_SA, Manager at Zulu Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Hello Malinda!

Thank you for the fantastic review!
Sotiri sends his regards and says you must come back to visit!
All the best with your travel Malinda.