“Amazing safari's - Mini Safari, Hluhluwe & St Lucia”

1st Zulu Safaris - Private Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$76.13*
and up
Phezulu Cultural Village and Reptile Park Tour from Durban
Ranked #4 of 67 Tours in Durban
More attraction details
Owner description: 1st Zulu Safaris is a tour operation based in Durban South Africa. We specialize in Daily & Overnight tours in KwaZulu Natal and South Africa. Our involvement in the Tourism Industry started from 1989. Our main services include Tours and Transfers. Our offices are located at the uShaka Marine World and at the Tropicana hotel. Our tours which range from daily to overnight, highlight the cultural and natural attractions of KwaZulu Natal and the rest of South Africa.
Reading, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing safari's - Mini Safari, Hluhluwe & St Lucia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I used 1st Zulu safaris for a mini safari which took us to the valley of 1000 hills, seeing the lion park, bird of prey sanctuary, reptile park and nature reserves. The tour itself is beautiful and I would recommend the experience to anyone, the staff are very friendly and have answers to most questions, but if lots of facts are not your thing, they do not bombard you with them.

After using this compamy for a mini safari I then decided to use them again for a longer safari to Hluhluwe, an overnight one. The guides can taylor the trips slightly to make the most out of your safari, and mine was one of the most amazing experiences. They arrange everything for you, the accomodation and food, letting you know everything you need, and also pick you up from where you are staying.

For my Safaris I had Sotiris who has so much information about the different areas, and about where the animals are to see them. This company is brilliant to use if you want the best chance of seeing the big 5, and if I went back to South Africa I would definitly use them again

Visited November 2012
1 Thank EmmaPopovic
1st_Zulu_Safaris_SA, Manager at 1st Zulu Safaris - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, November 24, 2016
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with 1st Zulu Safaris. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your tour.

• Greek first
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
“unforgetable trips and experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

1st Zulu Safaris Tours it a must company to travel with .I had been to Hluhluwe and Sani Pass-Lesotho with this company,Sotiris the owner is an amazing Guide.his funny and his knowledge of the final destination and sharing intersting information and his experience along the journey,so if you looking for the company to travel with 1st Zulu Safaris is the one for you.take a trip for your life time.

Visited December 2012
1st_Zulu_Safaris_SA, Manager at 1st Zulu Safaris - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, July 7, 2016
Dear Mvelo

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with 1st Zulu Safaris. Your kind words are very much appreciated. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your tour and that our team treated you well.
Antigua, Guatemala
“Amazing Tour Sani Pass/Lesotho”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I recently went on an awesome day trip with 1st Zulu Safaris to Sani Pass/Lesotho. Sotiris, my guide was the best guide ever. He was very knowledgeable and informative about South Africa, the people, culture, etc. He was hilarious and fun and made my tour so enjoyable. Sotiris also helped me arrange a flight to Johannesburg and a hotel that very night of my tour at the last minute. He went above and beyond to make sure I was on time for my flight and that I had a place to stay once there and transportation to the hotel. He was so accommodating, friendly and genuinely nice. This was by far one of the best tours I have been on and by far with the best tour guide.

Visited December 2012
1st_Zulu_Safaris_SA, Manager at 1st Zulu Safaris - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hello Malinda!

Thank you for the fantastic review!
Sotiri sends his regards and says you must come back to visit!
All the best with your travel Malinda.
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a wonderful trip in the Game Reserve”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had the chance to spend one day in the Reserve of hluhluwe with Sotiris, the owner of Zulu Safaris.
The knowledge and the kidness of Sotiris was very good and helpful.
The Jeep was perfectly maintained and comfortable.
The explanations of Sotiris were great.

I strongly suggest to use 1st Zulu Safaris for any trip adventure in the Durban surroundings.

Visited November 2012
Dear Francesco

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with 1st Zulu Safaris. Your kind words are very much appreciated. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your tour and that Sotiri treated you well, he is an asset to the team.
Swindon, United Kingdom
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Guide really wants you to have a great trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were recommended this company by others and we weren't disappointed. The owner took us out on a mini safari... a misleading title .. As it was far from mini! We visited four different sites in a day and our guide was fantastic. Definetely check this tour company out of you visit durban.

Dear Ellen