“Nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Market

Market
Ranked #38 of 592 Restaurants in Durban
Cuisines: Colombian, Contemporary, South American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Some healthy vegetarian options. Nice atmosphere, especially outside around the fountain. Parking sometimes difficult.

Visited December 2012

Durban, South Africa
“Great restaurant, wonderful atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Love this restaurant. So beautiful. Food is amazing. Great date restaurant but make sure you make a reservation as they are often closed for functions. Love!

Durban, South Africa
“Great eatery spoilt by very poor service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We visited The Market on the 16th October 2012 following a recommendation of a friend. It was one of those cool,windy evenings that Durban has been experiencing this year. On arrival we were ushered to a table in the windiest area of the restaurant. When we eventually caught the eye of a waiter and asked to move to a more sheltered table we were met with a reluctant - okay even though they were far from full. I'll give the ambience and the restaurant's creation of mystique top marks. Now to get some service - that took a while. Our Arura Pinotage arrived and when I asked for an ice bucket as it was hardly around the 16 - 18 deg mark the guy looked at me as though I was daft - short of saying "this is red wine you know" He plonked in the ice bucket and that was the last time he touched the bottle! Self service from then on! When we asked if there were any specials he said there were fish cakes - full stop! No enhancement to order, I was tempted to ask him what was in them but felt the answer would probably have been - fish!
I opted for a starter portion of Pork Belly which was out of this world! My wife decided on the Fresh Water Norwegian Salmon which she raved about and we shared a Gorgonzola salad
I will revisit The Market when 'TAZ' our waiter is on vacation. Shame about the service which killed the evening.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank russell a
Cape Town
“Still very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

My 3rd visit to Market, unfortunately it was raining so we were not able to sit outside but our waiter Mark was very attentive. The wine list is great if a bit on the pricey side. I ordered the open raviolli with butternut and mushrooms but could not find the mushrooms. On quering this I was told the menu had changed and it was now buttenrut with cashew butter. Not too much of a problem as it was delicious. Lovely...and worth a visit.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Lazy lunch under a tree”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Trendy comfortable outdoor restaurant that serves delicious fruit juices and a killer lamb Burger! I could've spent all afternoon outhere!