See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 7, 2017

I had a booking with Hilton in Durban and was cancelled after miscommunication.
In my distress looking for a place to sleep I found Mesami from Booking.com as the only place with rooms available that night.

I was scared of the 3 star rating as I have not used hotels with 3 star for a long time.

My surprise
The hotel is situated on the outskirts of the central business district (CBD) in the residential areas but easily accessible via main road (N3).
Though the hotel is situated away from the glamour of Durban, the neighbourhood is clean, quiet and reassuringly secured.
The general look of the property is neat and well maintained,
The rooms are tiny but clean, with air condition, everything in good working order.
My general impression its not suitable for family with young children but there are many places within reach where you can take your children.

The breakfast offered was great, served by nice and friendly staff.

All in all this hotel easily maintains its 3 star ratings and it can qualify for a 4 star.
Generally I was happy with my stay at this property, not sure though if I would like to come back as I had to carry my many suitcases to my room (many trips).

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank mdeyide
Reviewed June 9, 2016

Great service, very clean and neat, centrally located. They were also able to give us a room at short notice during a very bust weekend. I really liked this hotel its great just for a fun on budget Durban getaway with friends. I wouldn't recommend it for parents traveling with kids as they do not have family rooms which is sad because it would be great if they did

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Mesami over Indaba 2016 with my company.
While the rooms are quite small, they are clean and have everything you need.
The breakfast was adequate and if you ask, you can get a coffee station in your room.
My one problem with the hotel was the Indian lady that was at the reception when we checked in. She was very unfriendly and unhelpful. Not a very good welcome to the hotel. The other receptionists were very nice as we're the other staff but this lady out a bad taste in our mouths from the minute we walked in.
All.in all, if you are staying for business, where you aren't going to be in the hotel alot, then this is not a bad place to stay.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Kylie H
Reviewed April 3, 2016

very very clean good locations lacks atmosphere make sure you ask to get breakfast made fresh good value for money staff could be a bit more friendly safe parking one ply loo roll in very smart bathroom is penny pinching

Room Tip: if you are just wanting to sleep some where great place
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brian M
Reviewed February 27, 2016

Served the purpose for us just staying the night. Rooms are small and clean. Breakfast was nice and staff friendly. Good for quick business stayover, close to the Vfs Visa centre. Would not recommend for Vacation.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business