“Really nice place in a save area of Durban”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durban
Acorn B&B in Durban
Ranked #12 of 255 Durban B&B and Inns
Berlin, Deutschland
“Really nice place in a save area of Durban”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I had to go for a business trip to Durban and booked the Acorn for a week. This place is really nice with friendly staff and Don, the owner helps you out with everything. The rooms are nice and clean and the garden is well maintained - I almost felt like I am in a small rain forrest.
The Acron is not far away from Floria Street where you will find a lot of bars, restaurents and clubs but also give Don a try to show his cooking skills!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
AcornBandB, Owner at Acorn B&B in Durban, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to do such a glowing review on Trip advisor which is much appreciated as we want our guests to feel at home.
We look forward to your next visit to Durban in the not too distant future
Many thanks and kind regards
Don

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sydney
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I had a sudden stopover in Durban and without any other immediate leads I asked my driver if he knew of any good hotels in Durban. I expected to be dropped at one of the usual suspects, you know tower building and dodgy carpet, so it was a nice surprise when the driver took me into the front courtyard of the Acorn B&B in Durban.
In front of me was a classical colonial bungalow style house that has been renovated and joined with a number of other properties to create a seven room B and B.
My room was the "Pool Cabana", backing staraight onto a plunge pool amidst rich tropical lawns and well maintained gardens. Own bathroom ensuite and fully self contained this was a real bargain!
Breakfast was great, the full English with juices, endless coffee and plenty of good conversation with Don the owner and a couple of other guests.
I only had a short stay and when I told Don that I had to high tail it to the airport he asked if I would like a liftm which I gladly accepted. We had plenty of time to get to the airport so Don gave me the whole guided tour of Durbans new football stadium, the beaches and other sights of northern Durban, it was great.
I was in Durban a month before and stayed in a chain hotel, the difference was astounding. So much nicer to be staying somewhere with the personal touches.

Room Tip: All are quiet but I think that the Pool Cabana has to be the go.