“Wish we had longer”

Ranked #144 of 255 Durban B&B and Inns
Kobe, Japan
“Wish we had longer”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Booked this place last minute before flying out of Durban, but wished we could stay longer! We stayed in the blue room which, as other reviews have mentioned, didn't have a door between the bathroom and bedroom, but whatever! The room was beautiful, well appointed and clean. Had an excellent breakfast on the terrace before heading out, but really wish we could've stayed to hang out by the pool. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stylish and very comfortable with everything you possibly need. The bedroom is sumptuous and great care has gone into the whole experience. Good breakfast too. Pity the TV system is limited and old fashioned; would have liked wi-fi too to be complete.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My name is E. L. from Greece and on 11th December 2012 I made a reservation for 1 night at Sir Harveys B&B through booking.com for 26th December 2012. I sent them ( at hotel and booking.com) mail, where I informed them that, we will arrive at 7pm after a long and difficult journey from Maseru via Sani Pass. When we arrived on 26th December, at 7pm, we found a lady, who told us that there is no available room for us due overbooking and we must go to sleep to another accommodation and the next day to return for the breakfast. When I asked her if, the other accommodation would provide to us the same facilities, she was not sure about and she proposed to us to wait for the owner (he was out of the town) by drinking complimentary drinks. We had just arrived after 12 hours driving, we had made the reservation 2,5 months ago, and the lady told us to wait by drinking for free!!!!!! And I am wondering??? How is possible to there is overbooking in an accommodation with only 5 rooms?? And, if, so, how the owner decide to send us and NO other client in another accommodation?? And, if, so, why I must respect booking.com and the owner of Sir Harveys??? I felt very disappointed and I left. The result: for 3 hours I was looking for available room in Durban, where there was almost a million visitors for Christmas. I think that was unacceptable for Sir Harveys and for booking.com. Both of them had the obligation to respect my reservation. After all that, the owner of Sir Harveys decided not to charge me for cancellation and booking.com not to punish Sir Harveys. Since I found accommodation in the same price, so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ELENIL_13
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed May 20, 2011

A superbly decorated home from home, with spectacular personal touches. Our room, the Savoy, had a luxurious slipper bath, robes, exquisite body lotions, all decanted into exquisite cut glass containers. Beautiful perfumes waft around the dining areas and outdoor seating areas are beautifully lit at night by the mesmerising light of what seems, 100 candles. Beautifully maintained rose gardens ease the eye towards the lovely pool and pergolas. Breakfast - seeing is believing - a 5 star breakfast - freshest of fresh fruit salads, muffins, english breakfast, all served with finesse and wonderful smiles. Sonja, the owner is a gracious hostess and her attention to the minutest detail was well observed. Well dressed staff always on hand to gladly assist you. I felt like I was on a 5 star safari - yet we were 2 minutes from a fabulous restaurant and 8 minutes from a lovely shopping centre. Nothing more to say than - don't miss out on this one!!!!

Room Tip: ask Sonja Jarvis - she'll give the best tip