“Second time round just as fun!! A must do if you in Durban!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 116 things to do in Durban
Wellington, New Zealand
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Second time round just as fun!! A must do if you in Durban!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Since my last review for B!G Rush when I jumped in March 2011 the grumpy owner Iain has sold the business and I dealt with Tracey who has taken over and is ever so friendly and more than helpful from the time she dealt with me via email for when I made my booking and then in person on the day of my second jump. Once again ALL the staff made you feel welcome and relaxed as you sign the indemnity waiver form and then get strapped up into your harness, you are then taken to the practice area where you practice how you are going to jump or take the big step off the platform.

I made a point of getting all the staffs names as they again were full of laughs and so friendly, not sure if this is because you are about to jump off the World’s Only stadium swing because of it’s unique design and being recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the “World’s Tallest Swing”, none the less they deserve the recognition for their effort to make you relaxed and laugh the entire time. They are Thobeka who was the guide and showed my mom and sister to the spectators seats which you can purchase for a additional R30 each. Lwandle ( Ocean) was the chap who recorded my entire experience from start to end for the DVD I opted to purchase as a souvenir to relive my jump over and over again. Xolani remembered me from the first time I jumped, Musa was the Jump Master and Sandile was his assistant.

For me once again the scariest part of the entire experience was climbing down and up the ladder to get to the platform and return to the arc when you have completed your jump. I went to the platform, got checked and Musa said to me are you ready? I nodded and replied yip. He shouted 3, 2 ,1 BIG Step and I jumped. Whooo hoooo and there it was that 60 sec free fall and then that swing above the stadium until you are brought back up to the top of the platform again.

My advice to anyone wanting to do this, do not hesitate when on that platform just jump, only when you are attached and checked via the jump master though ha ha and he shouts 3 2 1 BIG STEP!!! After your jump, you head back to the B!G Rush headquarters and you get your certificate of completion and can watch your jump if you want to and then purchase it on a dvd.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank chefsam77

San Jose, Costa Rica
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Got adrenaline?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

One nice attraction that I think is a must if you are in Durban!

You can´t leave without going for the swing that is for sure. First call in to book your jump, usually you can just show up and they will set you up but depending on the time of the year you might need to book in advanced.

When you get there the staff will set up your gear and after you receive a 10 min chat with one of the instructors... nothing complicated, very easy. After you need to do the big walk... sucks cause you have to climb 300 and something stairs making sure that your safety line doesn ´t get stuck, you might rather say that you have a knee problem so they take you on they lift!! :P

Anyways, after you have reached the top and gotten on the jump spot there is no way back... you just go! The staff is very nice and they are well trained...any person can do the jump, just mind any heath issues cause the view and experience is quite scary :) I saw many kids doing it and 2 older gents, we all came up alive and very happy....

On the not so good end, the walk is very tedious and the DVD they give has music and not the live sound so it sucks a bit... also they do some bad "effects" to it so better take your camera with you, one you can clip better.

The price it´s more less OK but the experience worth it.

Visited January 2013
Centurion, South Africa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“You have to do the swing jump.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

the swing jump off Moses Mabidah is one thing you have to do.I did it just to get it out of the way and i dont regret it.Its the most amazing thing i have ever done in my life and would do it again.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Tawanda M
Preston, Penwortham, UK
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Scary but thrilling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

My daughter (22 years old) did this jump while myself and my mom sat in the stadium to watch. We had booked a time for 3pm and when we got there she was the only one doing it. After paying the fee and extra for a video the chap asked this young African woman to do her harness. This woman had never done a harness before, so she was in a total panic, not to mention us three!!! This man then left the office. At least this woman had the total full sense to radio someone to come and help, which took a while as she was working on the Skycar. Eventually it was done and she was taken away, but she went up via the skycar while we were walked to the stadium and seated. It was very very high and we could see her walk down the ladder (she said that was the scaries) and onto the platform. Unfortunately their video was not working but they took photo's via her camera of her at the top. Watching her step off the platform was heart thumping and you could hear her loud and clear at the bottom :-). She absolutely loved it !!! The only concern we have was, while she was up on the platform one of the young men made a sexual comment to her which we found very disturbing as she was on her own, and with her being a tall, slim blonde girl she does get attention but this should not be allowed.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank momPenwortham
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Big Rush Urban Adrenaline”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

The title says it all........ Given that this i family reading my possible explanation of how the feeling is not printable. However from the start to the finish. I walked into the office and was told tat the next jump would be at 3pm, not a problem. The instructor in the middle of a rather short introduction came running over, wrote down my first name and said "sign here" throw me in a harness, made me step off a bench and we were on our way to the jump BUGGER no way out of it now!!!! The walk up is several steps up one of the arms and not for the faint hearted to start with, you are on a safety line but it is more a hindrance than a safety positive. Once to the jump area you wait for the group to rotate through, you can't really see what is going on which could be a good thing!!! Down a ladder and out on to to bridge, given the almost comical preparation safety is well in place and you are connected to security all the time. The staff once you are getting strapped in don't give you any chance to back out, clunk click you are gone. The felling of standing still in mid air is what came to mid, then it was woooooooooooooooooooooooosh and you are swinging above the ground maintenance team giggling like a school girl and smiling so much it hurts. The return to the bridge is slow but steady and the its over you are back on the stairs and buzzing like you have had 20 expresso's. Walk back down and have a look around before you go to the office. You can have a DVD made and it is not bad to be honest, you can take your camera up and they will take photo's for you. I had to go back the next day to get my DVD it was waiting for me and give the amount of people who were jumping that day (25 young rugby players on tour from the UK after my jump) they still know who i was when i walked in and had a good chat with the instructor. It is a wonderful experience as I am sure you have worked out i enjoyed it :-) With so much to do in and around the stadium this is something you really shouldn't miss.

Visited July 2012