See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 9, 2015 via mobile

Nice short stay at this hotel. . Prices are generally high in Durban but, this came at reasonable price. Breakfast only continental and no restaurant. Conveniently close to ICC where I conducted my business. TV is a very small old one. ... not that it was much in use though. Enjoyable stay for me.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Durban, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2015

Thank you for staying with us and we are so glad that you had a great stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2014 via mobile

Excellent place to stay if you are on a tight budget or just need a place to sleep then leave early. Rooms are small but have all the basics like tv, air conditioning and a shower. Excellent hotel for the price you pay.

Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kodza
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Durban, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2015

Thank you for the great review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us and found us well suited to your needs, as well as being good value for money. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed December 2, 2014

I have stayed two nights here on a business trip. I am happy I saved my company at between R 600 and R 1 600 per night, while still receiving very good service in outstanding, clean facilities. I am not an easy person and I must say I do not have anything negative to say about this hotel and its staff. The shower drain is running out fast!! I hate to stand in water while showering, as is the case at so many much more expensive places.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 220 and have no complaints.
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Johan J
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Durban, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2014

Thank you for the fantastic review. We're glad that you found us to be good value for money and that you felt you had a great stay with us. Thank you for the great words and we're glad our staff and hotel were to your liking. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2014

From the moment you walk in the lobby, the awful stench of cigarette smoke ASSAULTS you. I had hoped it would be better at the "non-smoking" side of the hotel (the hotel seems to be divided into two halves), but the room I was in was the worst-smelling hotel room I've ever had to stay in. It was a combination of mouldy carpet and stale cigarette smoke that meant I had a sore throat within half an hour. I was too exhausted after 10 hours of driving to find a new hotel. I took an entire Allergex (I usually take a quarter when I need to fall asleep, but for this I felt I needed an entire tablet) to knock me out so that I could get to sleep and morning would arrive sooner so I could get out of this foul air.

Room Tip: If you're asthmatic or sensitive to cigarette smoke: trust your gut when you walk in an GO ELSEWHERE.
  • Stayed: November 2014, traveled solo
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Durban, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We are sorry to hear about your experience and will certainly look into this matter.

Reviewed October 25, 2014

This is a budget hotel, so if you set your standards appropriately, you'll find it all right. Without a car, you'll need to get taxis everywhere (R50 to the beach). The room was fine. The hotel needs more people on reception as the staff was quite overwhelmed at times.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank voxpop85
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Durban, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2014

Thank you for the constructive review. We're happy to hear that you found us to be a good budget hotel and that the room was up to scratch. We hope to see you again soon.