“My World Favourite”

African Pride Audacia Manor Boutique Hotel
Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Durban
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I have stayed here since it was a 6 room hotel in 2006 and was privately owned and stay at least once a year at Audacia. I have yet to dicover a better hotel ANYWHERE in the world and I do travel all over the world frequently. In one sentence, it feels more like home than any hotel I have ever stayed in! The staff are fabulous, the rooms are sensational and the small, personal feel is what the "chain hotels" would love to (and wouldn't ever be able to replicate) have. Very reasonalbe and I cannot recommend it enough. If you're looking for a faceless, impersonal and badly designed 5 star hotel, don't stay here. If you want to feel comfortable and "at home" then do. You will will want to bring your wife/partner here, trust me! Thank you to Meleney, Karen and Vaughan.

Room Tip: For the best view stay in a balcony room, for the huge and romantic rooms, stay in the new section a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jemstu
There are newer reviews for African Pride Audacia Manor Boutique Hotel

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Audacia Manor recently. The accommodation was outstanding and the food superb. The friendly staff compliment made us feel right at home and like Royalty! We enjoyed every moment of our stay and would highly recommend this fine establishment. Kim and Brett Thompson.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim T
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel is well situated near Florida road where there are many restaurants.

The rooms are very stylish with four poster beds and even outside showers and spa baths. There is also a proper place to work for business people.

The breakfast makes a pleasant change from the normal buffet.

The hotel also has good conference facilites

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank PeterGrobler
Reviewed April 21, 2010

My husband and i only had one night at Audacia Manor right at the end of our trip but it was probably one of our best nights of the holiday. We were in Durban a few nights previously at a different hotel and wished we had stayed here instead.
We had a delux room (only availability at the time) but the price was not much more than a standard room, the increase was worth it - the room was stunning with an outdoor and indoor shower, 4 poster bed, lovely large room and very well presented with a well stocked bathroom (plush toiletries) and mini bar.
It was lovely and peaceful with fantastic views over Durban - its situation meant you were slightly out of town, but it was an easy drive to the beach should you have wanted that instead of the pool.
i would highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a top quality, quiet and relaxing place to stay. It was beautiful and not too big making you feel very important as a guest, nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EviLondon
Reviewed March 12, 2010

The Hotel was Topclass food Excellent. We stayed over Christmas for the Cricket and met some lovely people who we hope will stay in touch.

We had many a laugh in the little bar. Thanks to all the staff who where extremely helpful, we are back in SA for Christmas this year but sadly wont be in Durban.

But we will be back when England are there for the cricket.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bickersblackburn
Reviewed February 27, 2010

This hotel shows the difference between a good service and a fantastic service.
I had the deluxe king bed with a private courtyard - which was phenomenal. With an outside spa bathroom and shower (as well as an indoor one) I could hardly tear myself away from my room. I had accidentally pressed the wrong button on my remote and when I called to the main house, they were willing to bring in a new TV! (at midnight..)

I had room service ( brought within 20 min of ordering!) and it was unique, delicious mix of flavors. The wine collection is extensive for a boutique hotel. The mini bar was well stocked but also left ample room if you wanted to bring in your own drinks.

On my second evening, I had invited a few of my friends in the city to come over for drinks. Because of the size of the group, they were unable to seat us last minute but were able to recommend restaurants in the area, show us their menus, make a reservation at our chosen place AND send in our orders while we finished our drinks.

Breakfasts (which are included in the price) were superb and could be enjoyed on the terrace, by the pool or in your room. Next time, I would like to try the sea-view room for a bit of change.

I am recommending this place to anyone within a 50 mile radius of Durban who is looking for a more personal approach to service. Congratulations Audacia!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank chic_traveler_8
Reviewed January 5, 2010

this small but suberb hotel was the best part of my stay in Durban. My second visit to SA. We arrived 19th Dec and left 28th Dec. Xmas was suberb (didnt think it would be away from home!).
Every single member of staff where excellent from start to finish. good recommendations of local restaurants was fantaastic. if you have a curry in Durban have a "Doopla", thanks melanie. superb fusion restaurant locally too thanks Karen!! hotel food looked as good as it tasted for every meal. i had a poorly ankle but all staff cared for me and helped me. the staff who sat and waited for us cricket fans to finish drinking in the bar in the evenings were great, thanks for your patiences. wish i could have seen the ROUND of sandwiches gilbert ordered??

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple