“Lovely stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durban
The Neuk Guest House
Ranked #44 of 255 Durban B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I thought this B & B was really very good. The owners have really put in so much love and attention to detail into the place. Excellent breakfast and lovely person running it....would definately stay again but reluctant at the price I had to pay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed June 19, 2011

It has been well over two years since my friend and I dizcovered this small jewel, nestled in one of Durban's nicest residential neighborhoods. I still dream of going back and enjoying one more time Haley's warm hospitality and lovely conversation. I am a constant traveller, who has seen most there is to see in hotels and the like, yet the Neuk is so far one of the few places that has stolen a little piece of my heart. Thank you for the best of times! Carmen.

• Stayed November 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I was exceptionally pleased with The Neuk guest house in Morningside. The house itself was a large Cape Dutch-style residence with meticulously landscaped grounds and shabby chic decor. The rooms were very clean and well put together, with upgraded bathrooms including nice toiletries and complimentary bottles of water. We were immediately greeted by our hosts, a mother and daughter duo who made us feel welcome and chatted us up about our travels. Although we had to leave for the airport at 6am, our host still got up and provided us a buffet breakfast including toast, cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, pastries and juice. The value for experience was great, considering we paid the same amount for guest houses that weren't the whole package. We were also very pleased with the location, as we were close enough to walk down to Florida St. where all the bars and restaurants are located. All in all, I would absolutely return to The Neuk and will recommend it to anyone traveling to Durban!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Like another reviewer, I recently stayed here with my father while attending the World Cup tournament. I can only say, it was amazing. The Neuk is hosted by a warm and accommodating team (dare I say, family?) who went out of their way to ensure we had a comfortable stay, and even took the time to show us around parts of Durban.

The rooms and baths at The Neuk are amazing, furnished with the kind of furniture that we could only admire. The many tiny touches, made us aware of how much care and attention was taken in ensuring their guests were well taken care of.

The location of The Neuk is also excellent, being barely 5 - 7 minutes away from Florida Road - a very popular (and safe) area full of shops, bars and restaurants. Yet it is far enough to be quiet away from the bustle of the same Florida Road.

And of course, a marvelous, delicious breakfasts awaits its guests.

I can't say enough great things about The Neuk and its lovely hosts.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank zenith42
Altrincham, Cheshire
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We recently stayed here during the World Cup and it was a great place to wind down after 2 weeks of partying. Very comfy beds, very nice furnishings. Lovely host who was only to happy to help us when needed.

The guest house is located only a couple of minutes walk from the top of Florida Road where you will find all the best bars / restaurants Durban has to offer. This is a safe environment too which is an important factor when making your decision.

I highly reccommend The Neuk to anyone considering this as an option.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Switzerland
Reviewed February 23, 2010

We only stayed at the Neuk for 1 night, but we would have been happy to stay longer.
We felt instantly at home in this charming house, the owners are very helpful and we felt at home as soon as we set foot inside.
My first impression was : Wow, this is the doll house I always imagined when I was a child.. It is decorated with taste, and you just feel spoilt staying here, it is very quaint.
The owners went out of their way to make sure that we had a taxi at 05:00AM when we checked-out, as we had a plane to catch, and everything went without a glitch.
The guesthouse is ideally located near to restaurants and bars so you can take a nice walk to dinner/lunch.
Only disappointment was the one night stay, we could have gotten used to our lovely surroundings..

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
durban
Reviewed December 4, 2008

I Booked the Neuk on the fly after fleeing the worst B&B experience of my life (164 Boutique Hotel). I used to live in Durban and the service of the Neuk was a great re-introduction to Durban's down home charm. The service was charming and delightful and the room was dramatically romantic furnished with amusing antques and an *enormous* king size bed with heavenly sheets. Windows on three sides and very quiet and private. Its a great location close to restaurants and shops on Florida as well as a centered in a convenient part of town. All the rooms are beautifully appointed and newly renovated, although one is quite small.

• Liked — beautful room/great service
  • Disliked — internet flickered a little bit, but still the wireless greatly appreciated!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)