Belaire Suites
  • Restaurant
$174
$107
  • Pool
The Concierge Boutique Bungalows(Durban)(Great Value!)
$90
  • Beachfront
$146
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewscafe jiransmall kitchenettebreakfast arearooms are spaciousexcellent breakfastsuncoast casinotop floorother hotelssea viewlocation is excellentdurban beachfrontmoses mabhida stadiumushaka marinesafe areagolden mileindian oceancomrades marathon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 6, 2011

What a fantastic appartment. Staff cannot do enough for you, nothing is a problem and they certinly go the extra mile. breakfast was good and had a wide variety, both cooked and continental. rooms are extremely spacious and spotlessly clean

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Great location, the sound of the sea puts one to sleep. Bedroom functional, very clean with nice linen.and comfortable beds.
Bathroom OK and breakfast excellent with great croissants.
Staff very friendly and helpful. No hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Service was good and no requested "extra" was ever a problem. Rooms spotless and spacious. Amenities good and room decor and bedding of good quality. Stunning views and even though only 2 lifts, we never waited more than 3minutes.
Food is excellent and value for money. Best coffee in Durban!
Friendly staff from the chambermaid to the general cleaner to the manager. The hotel has developed since we last stayed and it was all improvements for the better. I look forward to seeing it again in the next few months. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Samantha A
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Was received very well at the Belaire suites with friendly staff at reception - there was a lovely lady called Siya and another very friendly gentleman whose name I did not get. The location of Belaire is perfect and a very short walk to the beach. It is also affordable and the rooms are sizeable and clean. The cafe downstairs is absolutely wonderful.
It does however have a number of issues. The lifts often had issues and I thought I would be stuck a number of times when the lift did not move even if you pressed the number of the floor you were looking for.
Eventually both lifts were broken and I had to walk up 8 flights of stairs to fetch my luggage when I was checking out - although they did get someone to walk up with me to help carry it down - this should not happen in a so called 4 star hotel. The shower; which as I understand is the paraplegic shower actually floods - and had to keep my showers to a few minutes to prevent flooding of the bathroom. The walls seem paper thin as I could here the conversation from the adjoining room.
Additionally when I needed assistance in the early morning with my phone, I had to wait for the lady at reception Xoli - to get off from the phone (as she merrily chatted to her friends) before I could get assistance which is not a great sign for good customer service.
All in all - it has potential; but has a number of issues it has to work through. For the location and price - I would stay there again; but not sure of the 4 star rating.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The service we received was variable. Some staff were helpful, others not. We were charged for internet access but when we complained that we could not go online, another receptionist informed us that it was only available in the lobby. They did return the fee. The building only had two lifts, one of which was out of order, the other was used by all 9 floors as well as the staff and waits of up to 8 - 10 minutes were the norm in busy periods. We were under the impression that this was a self catering unit but although it had a microwave oven, there was no crockery or cutlery. Building work was continuing - this was probably an old block of flats in a previous life - and it was noisy and dusty. The two good points - very close to the beach and transport and cheap.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple